Chapter 1

Liam's POV

A loud scream erupted from the flat next door. We all looked behind us to the wall that connected our flat to their flat. My boyfriend Niall who was sitting on my lap tightened his grip on my shirt like what ever was in the flat behind us would come and grab him from me in a second.

Harry, who was cuddling with Zayn on the arm chair next to the couch when we heard the noise,  grabbed the remote a muted the movie. "What was that scream?" he questioned us looking around with concerned eyes and fear for the person being hurt.

There was another scream from behind followed by a  loud bang and another cry that sounded like a young child.

I stood up from the couch, but I was pulled back down by Niall. He looked up at me with his big blue eyes, "Where are you going?" he whispered.

"I am going to see what is happening," I told him. Niall frantically shook his head and gripped my hand harder. "Babe I have to, someone could be getting hurt in there," I announced sternly, then pried his hand off of mine. I walked towards the door and signalled them to wait there until I get back.

After knocking, I heard the sound of a man quieting down who ever was in there with him and indistinguishable whispers. Foot steps slowly approached the other side of the door before it flew open.

Standing before me was a tall and buff man, he was looking down at me with a scowl, and I looked up at him when he grunted, "What do you want, boy? Why are you here?" He the clear stench of alcohol on his breath and it looked like he had cuts on his hand which was peaking out from behind the door.

"Sorry, sir, it's just I heard crying and banging coming from this flat and I wanted to make sure everything was ok," I told him.

He mumbled incoherently before saying, "Everything is fine, I just slipped when I was walking and hurt my self, nothing to worry about. Now get on back to your house, boy,  and don't come back again," then he slammed the door in my face.

I walked back to my flat and through the door, the Niall, Harry, and Zayn all stood up and ran over, "Was everything ok?" Niall question as he wrapped his arms around my waist, like I just came back from a life threatening mission of some sort.

I kissed his forehead and nodded, "Everything is fine, now lets go to bed we have an interview in the morning," I told them not wanting to worry them about the man from next door.

On top of living with my boyfriend of two years, and our best friends (who have been dating for a year and a half) we are all in a band together, called One Direction. We all came out to our fans about a year ago about our relationships and were pleased to find out that most of out fans accepted us, and although we did loose some fans over our coming out, we gained a lot over it as well.

Niall nodded his head in agreement and grabbed my hand dragging me towards out bed room while rubbing his sleepy eyes with his other hand.

Once under the covers Niall almost instantly fell asleep, but I tossed and turned half the night thinking about the man from earlier and  noises I heard next door. I don't know why but I have a feeling that it was not the last time I would being hearing the cries of a child from next door. But if I have anything to say about it, they won't being continuing for much longer.

------------

So that was the first chapter, sorry it wasn't really long but the next chapter hopefully will be longer.

I have not seen any stories just like this on this sight (or any sight to be honest) and so I don't think I am copying anyone but if I am I am sorry and I didn't know.

I need someones help making a cover for this story because I have no idea how to so please message me if you are interested.

Please vote and leave comments they would be very much appreciated.

-Nik