Chapter 8

Harry's POV

Zayn came running into the room out of breath and I glared at him, "Where have you been?' I screamed at him, I can't believe he wasn't here to see Louis leave.

"Where is Louis?" he asked, completely ignoring my question to him.

"He left right before you came in here!" I told him, still completely annoyed but what he did. He grabbed my arm and started out of the room and towards the stairs. He started running down, dragging me behind him by my arm. "What are you doing?"

"We have to stop Susan before she leaves with Louis," he told me still running full speed down the stairs. When we got to the ground floor we saw Louis walking with Susan outside the window. Zayn dragged me outside and over to the social worker.

"Zaynie!" Louis screamed when he saw my boyfriend, then ran and jumped into his arms. Zayn kissed the toddlers nose. "I thought you forgot about me!" the toddler pouted up at the tan man. I slapped the back of my boyfriends head before he could reply to the toddler.

"Ow! thanks Babe!" he play glared at me while I gave him a smirk, then he turned back to the two year old in his arms, "I can never forget about you little man." Louis gave Zayn a toothy grin a kissed my boyfriend's stubbly cheek from not shaving this morning in his hurry to get out of the door.

"Babe, where did you go?" I questioned him, still a little mad about him coming to the hospital late almost missing the two year old who was waiting to see him.

Zayn shifted the toddler a bit so he was sitting on Zayn's hip then he turned to look at me, "I went down to the adoption agency so I could get the paperwork to adopt Louis," he told me. His face held a shy smile, he probably didn't figure out yet that I too wanted to adopt the little boy. "I filled out most of the paper work babe, all you have to do is sign the papers," he told me taking the stack of papers out of his jacket pocket a handing them over to me.

"Are you serious!" I beamed, then stepped forward a kissed my boyfriend on the lips. Louis wrinkled up his nose a bit and giggled. I laughed a kissed the two year old's head. Looking back up at my boyfriend I declared, "You are the best boyfriend in the world!"

"I know," he shrugged with a smirk on his face.

I turned to Susan, "do you have a pen I could borrow?" I questioned her, she nodded and handed me a pen out of her suit jacket pocket. I walked over to a small lunch table that was sitting in front of the hospital and sat down. The others followed behind me and sat down at the table as well, Louis on top of Zayn's lap who was sitting next to me, and Susan across the table.

I quickly signed the papers everywhere I needed to and handed the papers over to Susan, who gave me a kind smile. She then started to explain to us the process of Louis becoming legally our son, "he can go home with you tonight , then over the next two months I will stop by four times to check and see how everything is going and make sure he is healthy and happy. I am not going to tell you when I am coming by. Then after the last visit there will be a quick court date where everything is finalized!"

I gave her a huge smile, then stood up a shook her hand, "thank you so much." I told her a she nodded her head, and walked away with the paper work.

"Hey bud, you are going to come home with Zayn and me!" I told the sleepy toddler, whose eyes were gradually shutting with his head rested on Zayn's shoulder.

"Really!" his head shot up with a sudden burst of energy for hearing the news. I laughed and nodded towards him. Slowly Louis' head started to fall back onto Zayn's shoulder and soon small snores were coming out of his mouth.

I started to walk with Zayn towards where I parked my car. When we got there Niall and Liam were leaning against it so I could give them a ride home. Niall looked up and saw Zayn holding the baby in his arms, "You guys are going to adopt him?" he screamed excitedly ans started to jump over to the toddler.

"Shhh, keep it down lad! he is sleeping," Zayn whisper yelled at the hyperactive leprechaun. Liam came up behind the blond boy a held him from behind to try and calm him down. "yes we are going to adopt him," Zayn finally told the couple when Niall had calmed down enough.

I walked towards the two of them and handed them the keys to my car, "here you two can drive home, Zayn and I are going to go to the store with Louis so we can get things for him," I told the boys handing over the keys to my car. they nodded and started to get inside. I watched Liam back out of the parking space and out out of the lot before I turned to Zayn and we started to walk to his car.

Zayn drove to the store while I sat in the backseat with a sleeping toddler on my lap so that he will be safe until we get his car seat. Before we got out of the car I put on a hat and we both put on a pair of sunglasses, it's not much of a disguise but we both hoped that it would be enough that we wouldn't be swarmed by fans.

When we got inside, Zayn went to the furniture section of he store to pick out all new furniture for the toddler because we were obviously not getting the furniture for his previous 'house' if you could call it that. While I went with the groggy toddler, who was sitting in the shopping cart to get some toys and clothes.

Louis was fascinated by all the toys everywhere. Soon he was no longer tired, and was instead running up and down the isles looking at everything in sight. He never actually asked for anything he saw, I think he was kind of scared to, afraid I would yell or hit him. But everything I could tell he liked I put inside the basket.

When we got to the clothes section, he found a section full of suspenders and he fell in love with them. I grabbed a few pairs of the cute accessories ans out them in the basket. Then he walked over to the rest of the clothes for toddlers, I told him to pick out anything he like, he came up to me a few minutes later with his arms full of clothes and looked at me with puppy dog eyes. I grabbed them form his arms and placed them in the basket.  Finally we walked to the shoe isle and Louis looked up and down until he found some TOMs at the end, I helped him pick out a few pairs and I also got him a pair of white converse. Louis is quite a fashion bug.

After a few hours Zayn and I met back up at the register and we payed for everything we found on our huge shopping trip.

ZAyn loaded the truck of his car with the bags of toys and clothes, the rest will arrive tomorrow, while I worked in the backseat trying to put the car seat in the car. I was having a little difficulty strapping it in correctly while Louis was giggling on the other side of the car at me. "You think this is funny?" i laughed towards him while I grabbed him and started to tickle his side, he started to laugh uncontrollably and I laugh along with him.

Finally I got the car seat ready and I placed him inside, strapping him in the five point harness in order to make sure he was safe on the car ride home.

When we got to the building I carried Louis to the elevator while Zayn grabbed a few of the bags, and we went up to our floor. Walking out of the elevator, Louis' smile dropped off his face a he looked at the door of the apartment he used to live in with a scared expression.

"You will never go back there," I told Louis giving him a kiss on his head, "I promise you, baby."

+++++++++++++++++

Yeah! I got all the votes and comments I asked for you guys are amaZAYN! haha I love you guys!

Anyway the winner, guess what Zayn was doing contest didn't respond to if she wanted a preview or a character... so I decided to give her a dedication instead! Sorry if you wanted something different!

Anyway I hope you like this chapter, a few parts I feel are kind of boring but I hope you enjoyed it!

Please comment and vote again, they are wonderful to see/read! goal: 15 votes 10 comments

Thank you

-Niki