Chapter 5

Zayn's POV

I froze in the door way after catching sight of the man in front of me holding in knife to little Louis' neck. Tears were pouring down his little red face and he was reaching his arms out in front of him towards us. I took a small step forward towards the little boy and Louis' dad pressed to knife closer to the toddler's neck causing blood to start trickling down.

"Take another step forward and he is dead," the man threatened causing sobs to come out of the little boys mouth. "Shut up," he said to Louis and kneed his back. The toddler immediately stopped crying but his eyes filled rim with tears he was trying to keep at bay. His eyes shot to me and he started to silently lea for me to save him.

"Why don't you put the knife down and we can talk about this?" I questioned the man with wild eyes that were darting around the room. He shook his head frantically. "Okay, how about we start with you telling me your name?"

"Steve," he mumbled quietly.

"Hey Steve, I'm Zayn," I told him calmly, trying to get him to loosen his grip on the sharp knife in his hand. "I live next door," I tried to shuffle my foot forward slightly without him noticing but he saw. He lifted the knife and brought it down to the little boys stomach and sliced a long line across. Louis screamed out in pain and the tears that were at bay started to fall down his face at full force.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO MOVE," he screamed at me. "LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!"

I nodded my head regretfully but didn't step backwards, there was only five feet between the two of us now and I wasn't going to take back the progress. "I'm sorry. How about you tell me why you are doing this to your son?"

Tears started to pour down Steve's face, "He killed her. HE KILLED MY WIFE," he yelled, "WE WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE PERFECT FAMILY, AND THIS LITTLE SHIT RUINED IT ALL. SHE NEVER MADE IT PAST THE BIRTH."

"You wife wouldn't have wanted you to hurt her little boy and certainly not kill him," I tried to reason with the man. I can't believe this man could have so much hatred for such an innocent little boy.

"You didn't know her," he mumbled darkly pressing the knife closer to Loui's neck. The toddler closed his eyes tightly and held his breath, probably afraid if he moved at all he would die.

An idea suddenly sparked in my brain. "Why don't you tell me about her?" I question the man.

"She had the brightest blue eyes that were always sparkling with happiness and sometime mischief," he smiled and then started trailing off thinking about her and telling us little details about her. His eyes started to slowly close in thought and his grip on the knife started to relax.

I looked down at Louis who was starting to loose blood quickly. I slowly stepped forward and Louis' eyes shot open and lokked at me. I put a finger up to my mouth telling him to keep silent, while I looked him directly in the eye and he looked back at me, with trust. Trust that I could save him, I just hope I don't let him down. I could die right now but I he lives I will be fine with it.

I kept stepping forward slowly trying to keep as quiet as possible, making progress until there was only about half a foot between Louis and me. The knife was still pressed to Louis throat but Steve's grip was extremely loose. I looked up to Steve and he was still of in another world with his late wife.

Reaching my hand out I held Louis' small hand in mine and my other hand grabbed the blade of he knife. I pulled the knife out of Steve's hand, slicing my own hand open, and in the same instant tugged Louis into my chest. Picking the toddler up in one arm, I ran back to the other four boys and handed the toddler off to my boyfriend and giving the bloody knife to Liam.

Suddenly I felt an arm reach around my neck and grab me in a choker hold. My lungs started to lose oxygen and I could feel my brain going dizzy when I stomped on the man's foot. He loosened his grip enough for me to turn him to face me and I kneed him in the ribs and onto the floor.

I grabbed his legs and held them down while Liam ran forward and held down his arms and Niall sat on his stomach. Now we wait until the police to finally show up.

The sounds of Louis' cries were echoing through out the apartment building as Harry carried him around trying to calm down his breathing. I could hear my boyfriend singing to the small boy in another part of the flat, soon the crying stopped. Harry walked back in the living room, the little boy clutching onto his neck like a life line, Harry's large hand rubbed up and down Louis' back almost taking the whole space.

The sound of police sirens so came on the street of out building and cops soon rushed up to the flat and through the open door. [A.N. this is what happens in America, i'm not sure if the process is different in the UK] They hand cuffed Steve and started to pat him down as they read him his Miranda right. Then one of the officers started to escort him down stairs and into a police car. Another officer came up the Liam, Niall, and me, and started to ask up questions about what had happened.

During our questioning paramedics had come up stairs and laid Louis' small body onto a stretcher. They strapped an oxygen mask around his face. Louis' tiny hand didn't go of Harry's the whole time. Louis' clothes were cut off of his body so he was left only in his nappy, his ribs were showing and the bruises on his boys were starting to yellow.

The parmedics started to pull the strecher out of the room forcing his to let go let go of Harry's and he started to scream. It was a blood curdling scream that made shivers run through his body. The stretcher kept being pushed out of the room and down the elevator. When he was being loaded in the ambulance out side we could still hear the screams up in the flat, but the police wouldn't us go to him because the are still questioning us.

As soon as the police told us he was finished with the questions the four of us ran out of the apartment and to the hospital.

=======================

So here is the next chapter sorry I didn't have it up yesterday I had to work on my Spanish project fo school.

Anyway please comment and vote it really means a lot to me!

-Nik