Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Mikey asked me to meet him in the library about a week later. He claimed that we were going to "study," which meant that we were probably going to just end up goofing around.

The library was even quieter than usual. Mikey was browsing in the Potions section, and I spotted Patrick Stump studying in the Music section. They seemed to be the only other people in the library.

I went into the Potions section. "Hey Mikey," I said.

"Hi Gee," Mikey said. "I think I came up with a band name."

"Really?" I asked. "What is it?"

"Imagine Dragons," Mikey said.

"They already exist!" I exclaimed.

"They do? I guess I'll come up with another one then," Mikey replied. He thought about it for a while, and then said, "What about Panic! At The Disco?"

That was better, but still not quite right. "I have a feeling that someone else is going to want that name," I said.

"Okay," Mikey said. "How about The Flaming Zombie Heads?"

"That is literally the stupidest band name I have ever heard," I said.

"Do you have any better ideas then?" Mikey asked.

I thought about it for a minute and then said, "Thirty Seconds to Vampires."

"You just copied Thirty Seconds To Mars, didn't you?" Mikey said.

"It's different. It has vampires!" I argued.

"It's still stupid," Mikey said. "Wait. I've got the perfect band name."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Mikey Way's Awesome Unicorns of Hogwarts."

"NO!" I shouted. "We are not naming our band Mikey Way's Awesome Unicorns of Hogwarts!"

"Fine," Mikey said. "I'm going to look at some book titles for inspiration."

"Go ahead," I said. I took out a piece of paper and started sketching the library.

Joe Trohman entered the library a few minutes later. He sat down next to Patrick and said, "Yo, I know about music."

"Yo, I know more about music," Patrick replied.

"That's impossible," Joe said. "Do you want to start a band?"

"Yeah, that's cool," Patrick said. "Yo, this is a bookstore. It's not a music store!"

I rolled my eyes and went back to my sketching as Joe and Patrick continued to talk about their newly-founded band. Shortly after I finished my drawing, Mikey came back. He glanced at my drawing and said, "That's pretty good."

"Thanks," I said. I looked up at Mikey. He was holding a book titled Chemical Romance. "What's that?" I asked.

"A book," Mikey said.

"I know that! What's it about?"

"I think it's about love potion or something, but that doesn't matter," Mikey said. "I came up with another band name."

"What is it?" I asked, expecting Mikey to give me another horrible band name.

"My Chemical Romance," Mikey said.

"Ooh, I like it," I said.

"I like it too," Mikey said. "Let's go ask Ray."

Mikey put his book back, and both of us left the library. Luckily, Ray was standing right outside the library. "I've been looking all over for you two," Ray said. "Where were you?"

"In the library," Mikey said.

"What do you think of calling our band My Chemical Romance?" I asked.

"Yes! I love it!" Ray exclaimed.

"Great!" I said. "My Chemical Romance it is!"

"We still need another guitarist," Ray mentioned.

"We'll figure that out later," I said. For now, I was just glad we had a name. My Chemical Romance forever!