Chapter 39

Chapter 39

It was about midnight when I started hearing footsteps. It was undoubtedly Filch ensuring that nobody was wandering around the castle, so I tried to go back to sleep, but the footsteps continued. I heard a door creak open. Either someone was leaving the common room, or someone had just broken in.

My eyes snapped open, but it was too dark to see anything. I reached for my wand. "Lumos," I whispered, and I pointed my wand in the direction of the intruder.

The light revealed a tall Slytherin boy with incredibly dorky glasses. "Hey!" he exclaimed. "You're blinding me!"

"Mikey?" I said. "What are you doing in here?"

"None of your business," Mikey said. "Just please put out that light!"

"How did you get into the Gryffindor Common Room?" I asked.

"I gave Mikey the password," Frank mumbled. "Don't worry about it, babe."

"Nox," I whispered, and the light at the end of my wand went out. I went back to sleep, and let Mikey do whatever it was that he was going to do.

As usual, we woke up to Blurryface's barking. At first, it seemed like a normal morning, but then Ray came up to me. His fro was completely gone. "Is it just me, or does something feel really off today?" Ray said.

"Look in the mirror," I said.

Ray did so, and shrieked like a little first-year. "MY FRO! IT'S GONE!!!!!!" Everyone started laughing hysterically. Ray quickly did a hair-regrowing spell before heading out of the dormitories and into the common room. There was a cupcake and a note next to it on one of the tables in the common room. Ray picked up the note and read it out loud. "Sorry for doing the Hair Loss Curse on you. Here's a cupcake to make you feel better. Happy April Fool's Day! From, Mikey." Ray shrugged. "At least he left a cupcake." Ray tried to pick up the cupcake, but he just ended up sticking his hand into it. He laughed, and exclaimed, "I just stuck my hand in a cupcake!"

"Come on, Ray," I said. "We're already late for breakfast." The rest of us left for breakfast while Ray stayed behind to clean off his hand.

We arrived in the Great Hall, and started eating our breakfast. I looked around, and noticed that Mikey had left his coffee at the Slytherin table. Great. I ran over to the Slytherin table and did the Vanishing Charm on Mikey's coffee. I returned to the Gryffindor table, but my own coffee had been stolen. "Where did my coffee go?!?" I exclaimed.

"Mikey stole it," Frank said.

"Seriously?" I said. I left to get more coffee, and when I came back, Ray had arrived at the table.

"You won't believe this," he said.

"What is it?" Hayley asked.

"So I passed by the Defense Against the Dark Arts office on the way here, and I saw Professor Howell and Professor Lester kissing. PHAN IS REAL!" Ray said.

"YES!" Joe shouted.

"I knew it!" Frank exclaimed.

"Whoa, Professor Howell and Professor Lester are actually together?" Andy said. "I have to go tell the Ravenclaws!"

Ray laughed. "April Fool's. I just made that up."

Everyone groaned. "Really, Ray?" I said. "You just had to get our hopes up."

"Yeah, I was really hoping that Phan was actually real," Frank said.

We continued talking about Phan until it was finally time for Defense Against the Dark Arts. Our Defense Against the Dark Arts class that day was interesting to say the least. "Hey there," Professor Howell began. "So today, I'd like to talk about shipping. If you don't know what that is, then RUN. RUN AND NEVER GET INVOLVED IN THIS."

"Too late," Frank whispered to me.

"If you've been living under a rock, shipping is basically where you like the idea of two people being in a relationship," Professor Howell continued. "For example, it has come to my attention that some of you ship Professor Lester and I. This has come to the point that some of you have been spreading rumors about Professor Lester and I being in an actual relationship."

Everyone turned to look at Ray. "I didn't do anything!" Ray exclaimed.

"Anyways, I would like to clarify that these rumors are NOT true," Professor Howell said. "Professor Lester and I are simply very good friends and we are in no way, shape, or form attracted to each other at all. That's all for today. You can practice casting the Patronus Charm for the rest of class."

I took out my wand and started practicing the Patronus Charm. I did the hand movement and said "Expecto Patronum," but this time I concentrated on that perfect day in Hogsmeade with Frank. I remembered throwing snowballs at Darren Travers and wandering through the streets of Hogsmeade with Frank. Most of all, I remembered how wonderful it was to have Frank by my side. It was like I meant everything to him; as if I was the only hope for Frank.

I was so lost in my happy memory that I barely noticed when a silver scorpion floated out of my wand. It wasn't quite the same as Frank's Patronus, since it was a little bigger and the tail was a different shape, but it was very similar.

Professor Howell smiled at me. "Very good, Gerard!" he exclaimed.

"Thank you, Professor," I said. I had finally managed to cast a Patronus.

After class, Frank came over to talk to Ray and I. "I have a great plan to get revenge on the Slytherins," he told us. "I just need your help."

A/N: I have a few quick announcements. Contrary to popular belief, these are actually important, so please read. 

1. I just hit 3K reads, 400 comments, and 500 votes on Gerard Way and the Triwizard Tournament, and I'm almost at 1K comments on my other story, Chronicles of an American Beauty and an American Psycho! THANK YOU!!! 

2. For an upcoming chapter in this story, I need Truth or Dare questions, and because I'm a lazy twat and I don't want to come up with any by myself, I'm asking the readers. If anyone has ideas for Truth or Dare questions, please comment here or PM me. I will try to use as many as possible! :)