Chapter 58

Chapter 58

"Are you sure that you don't want to get matching tattoos?" Frank asked me for what seemed like the hundredth time as we entered the tattoo parlor.

"I'm sure," I told him once again. "I already told you, as much as I love your tattoos, I'm deathly afraid of needles."

Frank shrugged. "I'm deathly afraid of spiders."

"I thought that you would be over that after we ran into those Acromantulas," I said.

"No way! Spiders are still scary!" Frank shouted.

"Teenagers scare the living shit out of me," I confessed.

"You should write a song about that," Frank suggested. "Maybe start the chorus off with what you just said..."

"And then maybe 'They could care less as long as someone'll bleed?" I said.

"So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose..."

"Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me!" We both started singing what we had come up with over and over again.

Teenagers scare the living shit out of me

They could care less as long as someone'll bleed

So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose

Maybe they'll leave you alone but not me

Teenagers scare the living shit out of me

They could care less as long as someone'll bleed

So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose

Maybe they'll leave you alone but not me

Teenagers scare...

The manager of the tattoo parlor looked at us like we were completely insane, which we kind of were, but neither of us cared. Frank told the manager that he wanted to get a scorpion on the right side of his neck.

"Why are you getting a scorpion?" I asked him.

"First of all, it's my Patronus," Frank said. "Second, it reminds me of you and how nothing can stop us. Not even some Dementor."

I smiled. "That's really sweet Frankie," I said.

"It's just something that I want to remember for the rest of my life," Frank told me as he sat down and one of the tattoo artists began working on him. "Also, I'm getting this tattoo as high up as possible because I am most definitely not getting a real job."

"So you're not getting that Ministry job that McGonagall told you to apply for?" I said.

"No way," Frank said. "Life is short. I'm not going to waste it with some dumb office job. Playing guitar is my true passion, so I'm going to do that."

"Well, it doesn't make sense to spend your life doing something that you don't love," I said.

"What about you, Gee?" Frank asked. "What are you going to do? You're rich now, after all."

I shrugged. "I think I'm just going to stay in My Chemical Romance," I said. "As you said, life is short. I might as well spend it doing something that I love, and I love being in the band with you."

"Aww, I love you Gee," Frank said.

"There is this job at the Quibbler that I'm looking into though," I said.

"The Quibbler? Isn't that the magazine with all of the crazy conspiracy theories?" Frank asked.

I nodded. "They're looking for a new cartoonist, and I'm thinking of applying. I met the editor once, and she's really nice."

"You met Luna Longbottom?" Frank asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, she's really cool. Crazy, but cool. She's also married to the new Herbology teacher."

"Interesting," Frank said. "Do you think he's going to be any good?"

"I don't know," I responded. "Mikey will have him next year, so I suppose we'll find out."

"That Quibbler job sounds really cool," Frank told me.

"Yeah, I might do it as a day job for a while until our band starts to take off," I explained.

Frank's tattoo was about halfway done by this point. "Doesn't it hurt to have that done?" I asked him.

"Nope," Frank said. "I've gotten a few tattoos before. It's no big deal...OW! Okay, that kind of hurt."

"It's okay Frankie," I said as I squeezed his hand. "They're almost done."

"It was a lie when they smiled and said you won't feel a thing..." Frank said.

"Didn't you just say it was no big deal?" I said.

"I changed my mind," Frank said. "So what are you going to do now that you have all of that tournament money?"

I thought about it for a while and then answered, "I think I'd like to take a trip around the world. It's kind of a tradition for Hogwarts graduates to do that after seventh year. Of course, it wouldn't be any fun without you there."

Frank smiled. "So I get to come too?"

"Why wouldn't you?" I replied. "It would be lonely without you."

"I can't wait to travel with you, Gerard," Frank said.

Frank's tattoo was finally complete. He stood up, looked in the mirror, and admired his new tattoo. "It looks AWESOME!" he exclaimed.

"It would be a shame if you didn't like it," I said. "It's going to be there forever."

"That's the point," Frank said. "I want it to be there forever. I want to remember the man that I'm in love with, and I want to remember how I saved his life. I want to remember what I can do when I put my mind to it."

"And now you're making me want to get a matching tattoo," I said.

Frank shrugged. "If only you weren't deathly afraid of needles," he said.

Frank and I left the tattoo parlor hand in hand, and as I looked into his deep brown eyes, the same pair that had once distracted me during Quidditch practice, I realized just how deeply in love I was. I would do anything for the energetic but vertically challenged wizard that was standing next to me.

Maybe it was still us against the world, but the only hope for me was Frank alone, and I promised myself that nothing would ever get in the way of that.