Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Two more days passed, and I was once again stuck in Charms class. Charms was one of the more interesting classes, but we were reviewing for the NEWTs, which I wasn't taking. I was just about to fall asleep when a paper bird began to fly around the room. Somehow, Professor Flitwick didn't notice. The bird landed on my desk. I unfolded it, and read what was written on it.

Meet me after class - Frank ;)

P.S. Are you using the Confundus Charm, or are you just naturally mind-blowing?

I scribbled my own message onto the paper. "I didn't know that you were the type for cheesy pick-up lines," I wrote. I then folded the paper back into a bird and sent it back across the room towards Frank's desk.

"Who is throwing those annoying paper birds?" Flitwick asked. Dang it. He did notice. Nobody answered, so Flitwick said, "The next person who does that gets detention." Needless to say, I didn't receive any more paper birds.

The rest of class was rather dull. All I could think about was seeing Frank after class. What did he want to talk to me about? I thought about all of the possibilities. He probably just wanted to study with me again or something.

"Class dismissed," Flitwick finally said. It was Friday, and Charms was the last class of the day, so it was finally the weekend. A lot of students were heading off to Hogsmeade later, despite the fact that it was snowing like crazy.

I found Frank standing near the door to the Charms classroom. "Hey Frank," I said. "What's up?"

"Not much," Frank said. "It's just been such a stressful week."

"I know," I said. "At least I don't have to start worrying about the third task until May."

"Lucky," Frank said. "I still have to study for the NEWTs."

"There's a good reason why they're called Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests," I reminded Frank.

"I know, Gee," Frank said.

"So why exactly did you want to talk to me?" I asked.

"I...um...well..." Frank began. He was blushing furiously.

"Just spit it out, Frankie," I said.

"IwaskindofwonderingifyouwantedtogotoHogsmeadewithme," Frank said.

"Are you trying to ask me out?" I asked.

"I guess so?" Frank said.

I smiled. "Of course I'll go out with you," I said. "Let's be more than...this."

Frank surprised me by crashing his lips into mine, and to say that it was a passionate kiss would definitely be an understatement. Neither of us really knew what we were doing, but just for a moment, I decided to pretend that nothing else existed besides Frank and I.

Frank broke the kiss, and then said, "Come on, Gee. Let's go to Hogsmeade." He took my hand, and the two of us headed off to the village of Hogsmeade.

"I presume we're going to Madam Puddifoot's?" I asked Frank when we arrived in Hogsmeade. Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop was where all of the other couples usually went.

"No way!" Frank exclaimed. "Madam Puddifoot's is lame. Besides, I think Darren and his girlfriend Tiffany usually hang out there."

"Where are we going then?" I asked.

"I'll show you," Frank said. I followed him past Madam Puddifoot's, and we saw Darren and Tiffany leaving the shop.

"Hey look, it's Frank and Gerard," Darren whispered to Tiffany. "You know, I bet Frank's actually in first year. It would explain the height."

"Darren!" Tiffany exclaimed. "Why are you always so mean to the Gryffindors?"

"Yeah, stop it Darren!" I exclaimed.

"Gee, don't worry about it," Frank said to me.

"Nobody asked for your opinion, Muggle lover," Darren said. That was the last straw. I picked up a lump of snow, rolled it into a ball, and threw it at Darren.

Darren tumbled back into the snow. "Ow!" he screamed. "You're going to pay for this!" By this point, Frank was already in the process of making a snowball of his own. Frank then threw another snowball at Darren. Tiffany also made a snowball and tossed it at me. We just kept throwing snowballs at each other, and other students began to join in. Within a few minutes, it had expanded to become a Gryffindor vs. Slytherin snowball fight.

Frank and I continued to throw snowballs at the Slytherins. "This isn't what I had planned, but it's still pretty fun," Frank said as he hit Ryan Ross with a snowball.

I noticed Dallon awkwardly joining the game by throwing a snowball at Brendon, and then throwing a second one at Joe. Meanwhile, Patrick was trying to get the game to stop. "Can't we all just get along?" he asked.

"NO!" Pete shouted as he hit Patrick in the face with a snowball.

"You're lucky I love you, Pete," Patrick mumbled as he tried to brush the snow off of his glasses.

There weren't any defined sides anymore. We were all just throwing snowballs at whoever was closest to us. Almost the entire school was participating. I was completely covered in snow, but that was the best time that I'd had in ages.

"Everyone stop!" Professor McGonagall suddenly shouted. Everyone went silent. "We can't be throwing snowballs in the streets of Hogsmeade. This is unacceptable behavior, and I am very disappointed in all of you. Because of this, I am cutting your time at Hogsmeade short. Back to the castle!"

All of us returned to the castle. "I didn't know that snowball fights were against the rules," Frank said.

"Me neither," I replied.

Frank shrugged. "Oh well," he said. "At least I have you."

Once we returned to the Great Hall, it was time for dinner. We mostly discussed the snowball fight, how unfair it was that we couldn't spend more time in Hogsmeade, and whether the Montrose Magpies or Puddlemere United was going to win the League Cup this year. At one point, I decided to mention that Frank and I were dating.

"FINALLY!" the entire table shouted in unison.

"It was so obvious that you two were into each other," Hayley said. "You need a ship name! How about...Frerard?"

"Yeah, that works," Frank said.

Frerard. That was my new OTP.