Chapter 42

Chapter 42

I was on my way to Care of Magical Creatures when I decided that I wanted a new hair color. I was a bit bored with the blonde hair, and I needed something different, so I simply used "Colovaria" to change my hair color again. This time, I changed it to jet black.

When I arrived in Care of Magical Creatures, everyone was impressed. "I like the new hair color," Hayley said.

I smiled. "Thanks," I said. "Where's Frank?"

At that moment, a new student sat down next to us. He was at least as tall as Hagrid, if not taller. "Hey Gerard," he said. His voice was similar to Frank's. I finally got a good look at his face, and I realized that he looked exactly like Frank, but he wasn't this big.

"Who are you and what have you done with my boyfriend?" I asked.

Frank laughed. "I did a Growth Charm on myself," he explained. "I'm sick of being shorter than all of you guys!"

"Yeah, but now you're freakishly tall," I said. It was certainly bizarre having to look up at Frank instead of down.

"It's better than being freakishly short," Frank said.

I was about to say something, but Hagrid started class. "Hello class!" he began. "Today, we're gonna learn about Chimaeras!"

"Aren't those things super dangerous?" I asked Frank.

He nodded. "Typical Hagrid. He's always trying to show us something scary."

Hagrid talked about Chimaeras for a while, and I diligently took notes. I wasn't quite sure why Hagrid was making us study Chimaeras, since Chimaeras were so menacing and they weren't on any of our tests. Besides, Chimaera eggs were Class A Non-Tradeable Goods, so this was technically illegal, not like that ever stopped Hagrid.

Hagrid then took out the Chimaera. It was a small creature, presumably a baby, and it had a lion's head, a goat's body, and a dragon's tail. The Chimaera was growling and snapping at the bars on its cage. "Go on," Hagrid said. "You can come a little closer." Only Frank was brave enough to step towards the Chimaera. "What happened to yeh?" Hagrid asked.

"My Growth Charm worked a little too well," Frank explained.

"Do yeh want to try feedin' it?" Hagrid asked as Frank approached the Chimaera cage.

"Sure," Frank said. Hagrid handed him a piece of meat, and Frank carefully slid his hand into the cage and dropped the meat inside. He suddenly jerked his hand away as the Chimaera lunged towards the food.

"Very good Frank," Hagrid said. "Does anyone else want to try?"

We all shook our heads. None of us wanted to risk losing a finger just for some Care of Magical Creatures project. Eventually, a few students did come closer to take a closer look at the beast, but nobody did anything more than that.

After class, I returned to the castle with Frank. "You know, it's kind of awkward being this tall, but I don't want to do the counter-spell, because I might screw it up again," Frank told me.

"I could try doing the Shrinking Charm," I said.

"You can do that for me?" Frank said.

"Of course I can," I said. I took out my wand and said, "Sit tight. I'm gonna need you to keep time." I pointed my wand at Frank and exclaimed, "Reducio!"

Frank shrank back to his normal height. "Thanks Gee," he said.

"No problem," I said. "Let's get back to the castle." The two of us returned to the castle, and Frank never attempted to become taller again. However, I did notice that Frank began spending more time with Professor Flitwick, possibly because Professor Flitwick has the magically ability to make anyone feel tall, even Frank. 

A/N: This chapter is the meaning of life, because mice are the most intelligent beings on Earth.