Friend

Sorry I took so long to update this chapter. I wanted it to be perfect and there is a lot of material to cover in this chapter sooo, yeah.

Thanks for all the reviews you guys.

Kristybauer7: Haha thank you so much. Yup it's coming towards the Winter Solider story line though I am not really going to dive into that, being a few things will be different like when Steve met Sam will be much earlier ;). Olivia's friends was fun to write, mainly because I based them off my own friends xD so it wasn't too hard.

awesomesaurus: Thank you and yes I will :3

Loreleievans: I have to agree, she is very loveable.

enjoy!

xx

SSC

----------------------------------------------

Steve stood at the center of his small living room. He had his hands placed on his strong hips as his eyes wandered about the space, echoing his desperation.

Despite his early start at packing, he was nowhere near close. He hadn't packed his collection of records yet. He was yet to empty his fridge. There was an entire shelf of books to pack. The only thing he had managed to do was make boxes, out of flat cardboard.

It was hardly a productive day. He knew just who to blame for his procrastination.

Himself.

(You were probably thinking Olivia Thorne, well her too.)

There was a knock at the door. Steve turned to left to acknowledge the noise. Strange, he wasn't expecting anyone to drop by. Maybe it was his neighbor Mrs. Jenkins. She loved asking him for sugar. Though by her raspy tone for a fifty year old, Steve knew sugar was a euphemism she poorly disguised.

He shuddered at the thought.

He approached the door and gazed out through the peephole. It was a man who looked familiar. He was wearing one of the infamous S.H.I.E.L.D attire. Black coat and pants paired with a white shirt and plain dark blue tie. He had his short, dark brown hair combed back to perfection. The man had a very square face with a strong jaw that was clean shaved. His sharp nose and dark thick brows made him seem aristocratic.

Steve watched the man eye the hallways nervously. The stranger had his hands tucked into his pant pockets while waiting for the Captain to respond.

He stopped looking through the hole and twisted the door knob.

"Morning Captain Rogers." The Agent greeted with a quick salute.

"Morning, you must be my escort." Steve observed firmly.

"Agent Kevin Odell, Sir." He stuck his hand out, Steve returned the gestured and they shook hands. Steve couldn't help but notice the oddly dark shade of the man's eyes, they seemed almost black.

"I'm here to make sure that your transfer runs as smoothly as possible." Odell returned his arm to his side.

"Thanks but I wasn't expecting you till tomorrow." Steve uttered uncertainly. Kevin's eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"Director Fury thinks it is best to help you from packing day and onward. I thought he had informed you."

Steve resisted the urge to roll his eyes at Fury's installment tactics. It was typical, he could understand Stark's mistrust in the man.

"No, he hadn't." Steve responded keeping his annoyance at bay. It's not right to shoot the messenger.

"Sorry about that Sir." Kevin said despondently. Steve pitied the man, he was after all, just doing his job. Besides, he could use the extra hands.