Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

'This is a match and I will win it.'

The ball into the air gracefully landing towards the opposite side of the court, someone receives it returning it back. My teammates fumbles while I kept my cool but deep inside I'm scared of what will happen if we lost, if I let them all down as ace.

'24-23' The opponent leads but we still have a chance to win and become champions and victors of volleyball.

A teammate of mine sets the ball to me and I jump forgetting my worries in the moment as I break pass the wall of blockers the opponent built, earning us a point as the ball landed. The scores are tied and I will win for them, for me. I will live up to my title but I'm afraid.

'Stop worrying Keiko! Now is not the time!" I thought slapping my cheeks, hard. I look at the ball in my hands; scanning the court I backed away to the service area. I saw an opening where the opponent can't save the ball and we will win for its our last game in middle school. Dribbling the ball, I ready my stance. Breath in. Breath out. I heard the whistle and I serve, spiking the ball with force as I focus to my goal.

"Bam!" The whole gym is silent, only the sound of the ball making contact with the ground was heard then cheers erupt. We won. The serve was sudden, fast, that the opponents didn't have time to react. Arms were suddenly around me, congratulating. We celebrate for the win. I smiled in joy and relief but there were stares. 'We won didn't we? Why are they staring at me?' I was confused and my worst nightmare come true.

"Monster"

"Natsumi Keiko is a monster."

"She's too strong to in volleyball, it's unbelievable she's only at middle school"

"I quit, I hate volleyball"

They all said in hushed whispers, eyes full of fear. And I will never forget the words that kept on repeating in my head. 'You're a Monster!', 'monster!'. Everything then blurs as tears clouded my sight.

"I'm not. No" I whispered pathetically as I run away with no direction and sobs break through me, making me fall and crumble as the night sky watch looking down on me.

Kriiiiiiiiing~ Kriiiiii-

......

"-iing"

Keiko woke up with tears in her eyes. No one's around and she accidentally fall asleep in the library.

"Huh? So nothing changes, everything's still the same like its yesterday, I'm still broken and pathetic" she muttered wiping off her tears with the back of her hand, chuckling humorlessly. Subconsciously she glances at the time and notices she's late.

"Shit I still need to go to the gym" she hurriedly fixed herself, checking her phone for some messages. Seeing one from her parents she brushed it off and went towards the gym. Once arriving she saw the whole volleyball club practicing and a thought suddenly dawns to her, 'I was tricked!'. She completely forgot that today was actually the start of the golden week, aka vacation to everyone. And instead of enjoying her vacation Keiko was tricked into joining the Karasuno volleyball club's training camp. Once Keiko realizes, she was seething, pissed and so she decided to walk out and head home. But someone is already blocking her way.

"I'm going home." Keiko said trying to be calm and her phone rings as soon as she took a step. Without bothering to check who is calling her she answered the call.

"Hello"

"You're not allowed to go home" Her mother's stern voice surprised her.

"Wait, what are you talk-" she was cut off