Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

Keiko's POV

...flashback...

2 years ago

Sigh, why do I feel like I have no other choice but to quit huh? I really will miss them, not really, screw those fakes.

I know, more like I knew that after this year's first game; something is different. Is it me? Is it them? I don't care anymore. After two years; two super fun, exciting, and great years, yeah right. This, this is what they acknowledge me! They who freaking depended on me, as I stupidly allowed them so, they pushed me aside once they notice how much of a threat am I. This will be the last year; the last game they will have me. I'll give them what they want. Oh how stupid am I to not noticed it before, whenever we won they would celebrate, I thought I was with them but no they are celebrating, celebrating themselves.

*bam! *

I punched my locker, feeling frustrated at myself for not noticing this any sooner. My damp towel then slid down from my hair and I picked it up my fists clenching. 'Oh they will regret it, I'll have revenge.'

~Time skip, after the game~

Everyone stared at me, and the crowd begun whispering among themselves, chatting, pointing at me. Words like: "Monster" "Demon" "Too strong", was all that registered to me. 'its final then, huh?' I thought sarcastically, as I exited the gym. Sure I cried, because those words and actions hurt more than they should, it was raining though as I sobbed.

After hours, I finally calmed down, I walked to the bathroom freshening myself up. Once I think I'm presentable enough I gripped an envelope. And looked for the club manager and adviser, I saw them talking to the team. Clearing my throat, they noticed me.

"I just want to say to everyone, thank you, and congratulations. Here, Ja~" I said handing them my withdrawal from the club letter. Next thing I knew was that they were heartbroken, 'yeah, right'.

I didn't think that this would actually be the end. Last game for the year, Last game for me to play. Huh? I didn't even go to the awarding ceremony.

...

We all know that words travel fast but I didn't think it would be that fast! It's been only been about a few minutes and I was on my way out of the building, but next thing I knew a reporter was shoving a mic on my face asking questions just like every reporter.

"Excuse me," I begin as I pluck a mic out of their hands bringing it to my face and smiled to the camera. "I'm sure everyone of you have probably heard already of my withdrawal to the volleyball club, or maybe you just want to ask me about how I felt about being the champions of the last game of the season, anyway as I was saying. Yes, I have quit and yes I do feel happy kind of. But as for the reason I quit let me just tell you this *stares straight to the camera* I'm tired of playing volleyball, I want to relax. I'm sick of people depending too much on my skill/talent that they slack of. I'm tired of the hate. I'm tired of the name-calling. And last of all I'm tired of me being the reason a lot of you quit volleyball because of me." I added staring back to the reporters who were in tears.

"Pardon me Natsumi-san but, are you experiencing bullying?" a guy asks as he holds a handkerchief. That question made me still, I couldn't breathe properly 'maybe what he said is true'. Exhaling I said in the coldest voice I could muster, "No comment." And I walk out heading back home.

...end of flashback...

I look at myself in the mirror, then I watched the water flow smoothly from the faucet. Sighing I closed it and dried my hands, well it seems like I have to talk to a b*tch. Seems like I'm being influenced by Rin's vulgarity, oh well.