Epilogue

Epilogue - 3 years later

Life is truly funny, do note the heavy sarcasm used.

As well as love is truly confusing, that is a cold hard truth.

Life is funny as you cannot predict how it will turn out for you, even if you are a so-called genius by many others. Sure I may be smart academically or according to some IQ test that I take, but that do not mean that I know everything, the same case as everything being easy for me. It is fine I guess, I did have some good grades, but I still need to study for it. I just do not understand how humans and feelings work. Like, I prefer to laze around because I find everything boring. I did have a hobby but I quit it once; I guess, I'm back at it. That was truly unpredictable, even for my part.

I had promised myself that I will never go back to that sport, but in the end I did and I guess I feel satisfied. I learned that things may not always be the same. I quit before because of overwhelming feelings and now I'm also back playing because of overwhelming feelings. It's truly funny and ridiculous at the same time. I wouldn't say I changed because in all honesty I didn't. To play volleyball is sort of a release I guess, and to not play it for some time was also a release.

The reason on why I quit before, was because it was tiring. I feel down in the dumps as the days passed on with me being used and pressured to always do my best. I hated the feeling of being hated and scorned for something petty. I played or started playing before, because it was fun. Interesting, I may say. Countless opponents, challenges to conquer, new people to meet. It was a way of socializing for me that time. Well, until something happened. It taught me a lesson on just how something redundant can be so annoying, irritating, and boring. It sucked the life out of me. And so, I quit. I remove it from my sight, I avoided everything that has to do with it. And it didn't help the fact that it has a huge part in my life.

Everything was supposed to be fine, I was supposed to be fine. Playing truant, and letting time go by without care. But who would've thought that one day during those times that was also the reason on why I was slowly going back. I met people, people related to volleyball. They were a team, a group of determined people who has a goal. One way or another they pulled me in with their quirks and mischief, they were a fun group. Through that team I met other people, people who are also related to that sport. I met some old friends and some new. I also met some potential lovers and I met him. He was the reason on why I got back into playing the sport. He was the reason on why I moved forward. He's someone who became relevant in my life. And I guess I love him, still do actually.

Everything was full of ups and downs. Life is shitty, it's unfair, it's-well, it's just unpredictable. One second it was full of rainbow and flowers then the next, it's a full-blown hurricane. That's how it is. Then add in a very confusing emotion, love. God, was it something worse than life but hell, that was also the best thing in life. It's just there. It's full of life. When you get thrown in a room filled with men in love with you, you just wouldn't know how to feel. It's confusing on who you truly like, because it makes you realize that somehow you do have some kind of attraction to them the same time do you realize all their good parts and guilt will cloud your judgement.

Love is like your heart and brain chucked in a blender for a long time; your heart is like a fruit that easily turns to mush while your brain is like a block of ice that's really hard to break. It's that simple and complicated the same time.

Then one day everything just clicks to you after some time, and you realize: Dang! I like that guy, he's the one!

Good thing he waited though. Truly thank you for that. It made everything easier, time, that is. If I were in his place, I would've get tired immediately and quit. But he didn't. And for that he easily wormed into my heart burrowing there for a very long time, he also knocked it into my hard head someway in the process.

I guess--------------------

*****

"Ne~ Keiko, what are you writing there?"

"Hiiii!!!!!" I immediately hide my diary that I have started writing on ever since that time.

"Are you writing on your diary again?"

"Yes, but you're not allowed to look"

"Eh~ why? Aren't I your boyfriend?"

"You are, it's just that I still want some privacy... Anyway, why did you call for me?" ahhh... he started pouting after I said that.

"It's like you became meaner ever since we got together Keiko... Sigh~ I guess I did become a lot clingier to you huh? But I can't help it, someone might steal you away from me. Especially that two nuisances. I really just want to keep you to myself, Keiko~" and with that he hugged me, as I blush from his words.

"You do know that you're the one I like right?" I mumble under my breath furrowing my eyebrows, it's kind of confusing on why his personality is becoming like this.

"Anyway, have you seen the newspapers already my neko?" he changed the subject. But anyway...

"Not yet, what's in them?" he didn't reply to my question but he did show me the sports newspapers.

The headline was: "The goddess has once again descended in the court" another was "Formerly called demon of the court, now an angel" and another was "The volleyball monster, different personalities inside and outside the court." And last one was, "The beautiful genius of volleyball and how she dominated the court"

"Umm? Should I be mad or what? This was a usual back then and why is it that they are like compliments? Hmm..."

"Your male fan base will increase again! See, even the reporters are your fans! I can't let them steal my neko away. Mine." He really become a lot more possessive. How troubling...

"Hai~ hai~ I'm yours but that also mean your mine~" I playfully said as I pulled him down giving him a kiss... Well that was supposed to be an innocent peck, but one way or another that lead to another sooooo~~~

Well one thing I could really say about my life right now is that I'm satisfied with it and I'm not going to change one thing about it.

-----

A/N

Hurray! Banzai! Banzai! It's finally done! Well~ the open ending part yes... Next to follow will be the various specific endings... Sigh... well it's a happy ending since I don't want to piss some people off haha...

Keiko's monologue will be continued in the three endings.

Though, if you guys want to see a bad ending part of A 'Neko" among Crows... I might put it up if....

I received at least a hundred votes in this epilogue XD tehee~~

Thanks for the reads, votes, comments, and shares!!!

//90-degree bow

-Eliza