First Ending

Kenma’s Ending

POV- Kenma

This might as well be the first time that I felt this strongly for a person of the opposite gender. I don’t know what it is exactly that made me fall for her; is it her appearance? Is it her personality? Or is it simply because she’s herself? 

Then again, it might have been because of her perseverance, her odd-colored eyes. That optimism and wackiness that makes you unable to forget her. I am a guy who never likes attention, that’s the reason why I bleached my hair; that was a mistake, I realized because she pointed out that it makes me stand out more. Though, I didn’t bother changing it back since my hair will grow out back to its original color and it’s too bothersome.

I realized I like her ever since she confessed to me. That was a very troublesome time; I have a lot of competitors just to win her heart.
I actually questioned her why she didn’t stop those other pests from pursuing her. She answered: “It’s more fun that way, and I don’t want to hurt their feelings.” That was frustrating.

Then again, she also told me that she wanted to see what I really felt for her. She’s troubled that I’ll only date her because she told me she likes me.
I remembered the time after her date with Lev. To be honest that was the time wherein I feel so annoyed that I want to just swat the hand that’s holding hers and steal her away, watching them like that I couldn’t bear it thus I left.

Imagine my surprise from the news from that same pest saying that Keiko will go back in playing volleyball. That would mean less time for us to interact with each other. I still need to recapture her heart.

I was left with no choice but to wait. And so I waited, I never knew that it would take really long though I guess that was also my fault.

To be honest, I actually got tired of waiting so I was left with no choice but to chase after her. But who knew that task was also hard.

After she went back to playing volleyball, she also skipped grades making us at the same level. Apparently she was supposed to be a second year high school but due to some events she stayed being a first year. 

She became so busy that she barely even contact the people at Karasuno, but then again its also because she’s avoiding contact with us three.
It continued until university, by coincidence (not really) we enrolled in the same school. She became a varsity, I also became a varsity.
She ran so I chased after her until I caught her, and I did. I’ll never let go of her after.

***

“It’s so annoying that when I shorten your name it sounds like that yellow giant’s, ne? Kei~ko~” I said while hugging her from behind. I guess my attitude also changed a bit.

“It’s not like I can changed my name, Kenma~ that’s unless we create pet names for each other.” She replied with a smile that’s not a smile.

Hmm… A pet name what would be good… “Keiko, Keiko, ko, Neko? Nekochii? Should I call you Nekochii, Keiko?”

“Ehh? Why a Neko though?”

“’Cause you’re a Neko from Karasuno…”

“A Neko among the Crows? Is that it?”

“Mm! That’s what they’ve been calling you in Karusuno once you’ve started playing again.”

“Hmm, I see. Well if you’re going to call me Nekochii, I should call you with something that somehow matches it or something more embarrassing~ hmmmmmmm… Shall it be ‘master’? ‘Honey’? ‘Darling’? What would be good…? Ah! I got it! Pudding! You’ll be the pudding for this cat, since this cat likes sweets, especially puddings”

Pudding, huh? Ne Keiko are you sure it’s not because of my old hairstyle?! Well whatever makes her happy then.
I kissed forehead to express that I’m okay with it.

I somehow remembered the time in which she was writing in her diary though I’ve only seen a part of it I still remembered it.

‘I guess that the brain will always come first but it’s the heart that keeps beating that’ll supply blood that has oxygen for the brain to function’

-----

A/N

"And the one and only....  Kenma! Takes the lead in winning our protagonist Keiko! As a prize he gets the first ending!!!"

I’ll leave the rest for your imaginations. 😉

-Eliza