Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

Keiko watches the match with dying interest; sure she said she was excited to see the game but the game itself looks like a warm up for her. It's so predictable with only a few surprises here and there. Judging her school's skills, she knew they have evolved and are better but it's not enough for her. The opponents are great and all but they are only slightly better, 'if Karasuno has enough experience it's obvious who could win. Sigh, Kageyama's too riled up; there is obviously some bad blood between the setters, if Kageyama's that tensed.' Keiko thought her gaze moved from player to player.

"One is pure talent while the other has more experience, hard work at its finest." Everyone heard Keiko's remark, though, not everyone seems to understand what she means.

"I see you've notice" Ukai said eyeing the both Kageyama and Oikawa.

"Sugawara-senpai you better start warming up. Kageyama seriously needs to take a chill pill" Keiko said, surprising everyone except Ukai, for he too knows. Sugawara moved, heeding Keiko's request, it's almost time for him to be in the court.

"Yama-chan, how are you?" Keiko said directly to Yamaguchi, it was sudden and her question is a bit off; he knew Keiko wasn't talking about him exactly more like something more of him.

"I don't know Keiko-chan" Yamaguchi said his nerves finally showing. Keiko gave him a reassuring smile, "I see just take a deep breath and let it out" She said and Yamaguchi just did that, somehow calming him down, a bit.

Everyone then continued watching the game, by the looks of it Kageyama is almost playing in Oikawa's palm. "They who control the ball controls the game" Keiko said eyeing each and every one; understanding the message the boys nod. With Kageyama obviously frustrated its already time for Sugawara to shine, and so Sugawara entered the court substituting for Kageyama who looks pissed.

Sighing Keiko pulled out a Tupperware, inside were honey soaked lemons, and she instantly shoved a piece of lemon into Kageyama's mouth. "Geez, you need to chill dude, when life give you lemons make lemonade" Keiko said as she watched Kageyama make a silly face because of the lemons.

"Where did you get that?!" Kageyama exclaimed to Keiko, who's now snacking on her lemons.

"This? I made this from home since I thought I'll be hungry when I'll be watching you guys" Keiko said grinning, she's obviously proud of her achievement in cooking.

"And here I thought it's for the guys" Kiyoko remarked as she heard Keiko's reason.

"And why would I do that? And if they want one I don't mind sharing" Keiko said, earning chuckles from everyone who heard her.

As everyone's attention went back to the game it's obvious the struggle is still there because of Oikawa. "Weren't Oikawa's serves somehow similar to Keiko's?" Yamaguchi said as he notices Oikawa's accuracy.

"Seeing he said he's a fan, it's not surprising" Keiko said answering Yamaguchi's doubt. Everyone then grew silent processing Keiko's words, seconds tick by soon it's minutes. "Anyway we should think of a strategy." Keiko said breaking the silence.

"Yeah, we should" Everyone agreed to Ukai's words. And then Karasuno asked for a time out, the boys then head towards their team.

"Well seeing Bakayama here obviously being played by Oikawa, I suggest he should go back to the court once he has a clear head. It would be good if we strengthen our defenses on ground, since it's obvious Trashkawa is targeting those who're not good at receiving." Keiko said, some stared at her for a while questioning her nicknames for the players.