(3)

*Keena*
I do not do early mornings, at all. I absolutely hate them. But it's also training day, just like every other Wednesday of the year.
I rolled out of bed, like literally rolled, and walked to the bathroom. After doing my toilet business, I jumped in the shower where the hot water was already warm. I wrapped my hair up in a shower cap because nobody was ready to handle this tangled mess this morning. It's not cute. At all.
After stepping out, I brushed my teeth and lotioned my body before putting on my undergarments. I picked out a simple pink v-neck shirt with light blue jeans and white converse. I know I'm so plain, but nobody special is going to be at school. So why look cute.
I went to the kitchen where the pack cooks had plenty of cereal, breakfast bars, pancakes and bacon laying down the small dining table. After I fixed my plate with pancakes, bacon, and a breakfast bar, I peeked my head into the kitchen and shouted a thank you to the cooks. Just to let them know that I appreciate what they do every morning.
Once I finished, I met Lana outside at my car and we jammed to the radio the entire way to school.
Our school is combined with the Redwood Pack, who we have an alliance with. Their Alpha, Chase, just turned twenty-one a couple weeks ago, and he is like beautiful, absolutely beautiful.
Lana and I walked arm in arm into school saying our hellos to the people that we talked to on a daily bases.
I opened my locker and took out my English, Math, and Science books. These things were heavy for just three books. Walking into English, I sat down in my usual seat towards the back of the classroom.
"Hey Kee!" Devin spoke loudly.
"What do you want today Devin?" I sighed.
This boy never fails to give me a headache each and every morning. His parents are just normal pack wolves who don't have a rank.
"Why you always acting like I'm always bothering you? I know we have something together, stop trying to play hard!" he said.
"Boy, you do always bother me. Nobody wants you with your nasty STD self. Ain't no one playing hard to get, it's just that none of the she-wolves want you" I stated looking directly at him.
Many of the people in the classroom snickered or quietly laughed. He gave me a mean look and walked away to his seat. I do not like when somebody comes up on you thinking that everybody wants them. Confidence is cute, not arrogance.
The rest of the day went by very quickly and we were out at twelve. I rushed out into the school parking lot with Lana before quickly pulling out. On training day, every wolf knows that you must be there unless you have a really good excuse to not be there.
To scoot my way around the traffic, I took many back roads, that we're all basically dirt and random mud puddles from the rain the other day. I got to clean my poor baby.
As I walked in the kitchen, I greeted my Dad with a kiss on the cheek before sitting at the breakfast bar.
"Hey! How was school today?" he asked while munching on his sandwich.
"Good, we didn't really do much, just some web quest" I replied.
"Well, go get changed for training and come back down here so you can eat something before you go" he stated.
I followed as he said and went up into my room changing into some black nike pro shorts and a purple sports bra. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and walked back downstairs.
Warming up some macaroni and cheese from last nights dinner, I sat back at the bar and scrolled through songs on my phone to get me pumped and ready for training.
Once the clock hit 12:45, I got in the crowd of teenagers and young adults walking outside where our training session will begin. Lots of Redwood Pack members were here, including their new Alpha. Boy about to make me pass out with his gorgeous self.
*Justin*
I spent the day with my Dad setting up the training grounds. What joy did I have doing that? But I guess a plus side to that is not having to wake up early with the teens and go to school before training, because then you're already a bit run down.
After getting out of the shower, I ran a towel through my air not bothering to style it knowing that it wouldn't stay anyway. I threw on some basketball shorts and exited the house better known as the Alpha's Quarters.
I waved to some of the pack pups who likes to watch our training and see what they're going to do once they get older. I spotted Chase, the new appointed Alpha of our neighboring pack and made my way through to him.
"Justin! What's up?" he greeted me as we did our handshake.
We've always been really close to each other since we could relate. We always had Alpha/Beta dinners together.
"So much is going on, with all of this positioning and mate stuff. I'm ready to train off the stress of all this stuff" I said and he nodded in agreement.
"Alright line up, slowest in the front, fastest in the back.
Chase and I walked to the very back of the crowd and wasn't surprised to see who else was back there. Keena of course. She nodded her head in greeting as we did the same back to her.
Keena, Tanner, Zander, and I used to all play together a lot as kids but as we grew up, it became Zander and I. I guess we all just went out separate ways. She is a really sweet and nice girl though. Even though she doesn't have a distinct smell to her, which is so weird.
Normally, if you haven't changed into your wolf, you get get the advantages of being a wolf like your vision and strength, expect on the rare case like Keena, who's wolf is waiting for her mate to come so she can come out. Some wolves need their mates reassurance before they surface. But damn, can she run.
"Go!" A bull horn sounded and we took off with the clock going.
Feeling the ground underneath of your feeling is such a gratifying feeling. We don't wear shoes during training because what if there is an emergency and you need to go, you don't stop and put on shoes.
I went on the outside of the crowd and got in front of them with Chase right behind me. We run five miles throughout the woods before stopping for pack training. The first person to the finish gets to pick who they're training partner will be or opt out of an exercise.
I caught up to Keena at the third mile check mark who was jogging like nothing was going on.
"Are you serious right now? I'm over here pushing myself and you're over here jogging?" I asked in disbelief.
"It's not that hard honestly, we used to run half of this as a kid for fun and finish close to our times know, you need to get back in shape" she spoke before taking off in front of me.
I groaned in frustration as her figure took off in front of me getting smaller and smaller until it looked like she disappeared. That just not far, at all.
I finished second where Keena was sitting on a tree stump without a drop of sweat on her body, like she had been sitting there the entire time. As soon as both of my feet were on the other side of the finish, I quickly sat down on the ground to catch my breath.
We waited for the others to finish before starting the next part.
"Keena, since you finished first" a chorus of '0f course' fell through the air, "pick your partner first" Dad said.
"I'll pick" her eyes wondered around the room, "Chase?"
As he walked towards her and off together to station one, a small growl erupted from my chest making all of the people around me instantly submit.
'What's wrong with you?"
'It's nothing, just forget about it' my wolf Jay grumbled.
I internally rolled my eyes at him and shut off the link as I got paired with Lana because of our similar mile times.
The rest of this training is sure to be interesting.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
I know you guys hate me for not updating in 11 days so here's a long one! This chapter is 1,451 words. That's like in insane.
Previous Answer: Mississippi
Riddle: I'm light as a feather, yet the strongest man can't hold me for more than 5 minutes. What am I?
I promise to try and update more often. Now the story is really setting up and starting to move more. Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!
-Mikayla<3