(18)

*Justin*

Today, I woke up in the best of moods after being able to sleep close to my mate during the night and getting a sweet goodbye from her this morning.
All I had to do today was help out my dad with some pack paperwork that he wants to go over with me on how to fill it out and what sections are the most important to check for errors. Basically that most boring things.
I got up at 8 and went downstairs where there was still some breakfast laid out on the table. I made myself a plate and ate it along with some of the elementary kids who were getting ready for school.
Following that, I went home to shower and get dressed then headed to the office at 9. When I walked in, Keena's dad Beta Radley was relaxing in one of the chairs.
"Hey Justin...have you been treating my girl right?" He asked me.
"Hello Beta Radley and yes sir, I've been doing nothing but my best when it comes to your daughter" I replied.
"Very good, I'll leave you to your work and I'll make rounds around the pack's borders" he said then stood up giving a silent nod before leaving.
"What are we doing today?" I asked plunking down into the chair the Beta just stood from.
"Finance" Dad answered.
"Isn't there a person who keeps track of all the pack's money?" I quizzed.
"There is, but it's your job to go over it and check how much money is going where and the calculations to make sure nothing is missing" he said meeting my eyes.
"Well it's a great thing that my mate is a math genius, because I'm sure as hell not" I mumbled before pulling the chair next to him.
For the next three hours, that's all we did. This is definitely a two person job. At noon, Dad let me go so I'd be able to eat lunch again. On the way down I ran into Zander, who I then asked to remind Keena that I was picking her up from school so we'd be able to spend some time together. We talked as we waited for her reply confirming that she remembered what I had told her this morning before she left.
For lunch, the pack had some left over burgers and salads from making the pack's daycare kids lunch. So of course, that is what ended up being piled all into my plate. After taking a big bite out of my burger and plopping into a seat lined up along the counter, I felt Jay pushing through and forcing my senses to enhance by just a little bit.
"Something doesn't feel right" he pushed.
I opened up all my senses hoping that they were clear enough to get a range of, at the least, about two miles out from the pack house.
Then the siren rang.
The house instantly began to fill with panic.
The Luna and Beta Female were helping all the children and elderly into the safe room where they, along with some warriors, would stay to incase any danger reaches the house.
Running through each hall, I checked to make sure nobody was hiding or struggling to get to the shelter, then made my way to the hospital.
I checked that it was completely shut down with the silver gates and bars enclosing it, not even letting a single ray of light shine through.
"Where are you?" Dad asked.
"Just checking up on the buildings, seeing if everyone was safe and locked."
"You need to get to the schools, that's where the rouges are attacking" he replied.
Running as fast as I could, I reached the middle school because that was the furthest from the house. I could see that the rouges were losing to the Warriors but almost failed to see the one coming straight at me.
I quickly changed my posture, grabbing his neck, and slamming him to the ground. As I applied pressure to certain points of his neck, my fist began to continually ram into his face until all the consciousness left his body and I heard his almost-extinct heartbeat.
"Alpha Justin, we can't seem to get into any of the schools. When we arrived, it looked like the rouges were trying to break through something but it was hurting them instead. There's a barrier of some sort" The head warrior, Gabriel, announced.
I walked up to it and even though you couldn't see it, you could feel the force of whatever was happening. "What do you feel when you touch it?"
"It doesn't really feel like anything, just something pushed you back not allowing you through, no pain" he explained.
Placing my hand next to his, electricity ran up through my arm. The same wiring feeling that occurs whenever my mate approaches or touches me. Why didn't I think of this before? 
"I have to get the high school, Keena is the only one who can stop this. You guys stay here and once it's down, make sure the property and area is clear before going. We don't need anybody else to sneak in" I commanded before running off and shifting midway.
As I ran to the high school, I couldn't help but think, how am I going to get Keena to put it down if I can't get to her.
Once I arrived, I assessed that others were doing the same as the Warriors at the middle school. I motioned them to give up on trying and let out a howl.
A howl that only my mate could understand and reply to.

*Keena*

We heard the gruesome sounds of fighting outside of our windows. The constant sounds of bones cracking and ferocious growls being let out every couple of seconds. Even though every student knew the rouges knew we were in here, it would be best if we sat still and quiet. With all of us together, they wouldn't be able to make out how many people were in each room if there were too many scents and heartbeats beating at the same time.
It quickly got quiet outside and I didn't know whether that was good for us, or the rouges.
If somebody from our pack was killed, we'd all be able to feel it; the pain getting stronger as you're closer related to the fallen one.
The siren went off, which should be signaling that it was okay for everyone to slowly uncover themselves. As the silver plates over the blinds slowly rose, I know I was asking the same questions as everyone else, where are the warriors?
There was an electric rippling of power throughout my body as I heard my mate calling for me. It sent a large feeling of calmness throughout my body know that my mate cared about me; was craving for me to come out to him.
I followed the instinct that Nubia was providing me with and walked out of the class. I didn't know where my body was going, but Nubia was controlling me so I knew it was safe.
Walking outside of the school, I saw my mate in his beautiful wolf form, his caramel colored coat almost shining gold in the sun. As I was almost to him, I got pulled back.
A growl immediately left my lips and I tried again.
"Mate is right there. Need mate, get to mate." Nubia snarled right along with me.
"It's okay Keena, I'm right here baby. The only way I can get to you is if you let the domes down overtop of the schools. Can you do that for me baby?" He asked.
"What domes? Why do I have to do it?" I questioned.
"You, I'm guessing subconsciously, put up strong magnetic fields around the schools to protect them. I need you to put them down because you're the one who put them up. I know it was you because I felt the pull of your touch when I reached for it. I don't exactly know how to help you out it down, but just think of slowly opening it and relaxing" he answered.
I let my body do as he said and relaxed, "That's it baby. It's okay, everyone is safe right now. We have lots of warriors at each school, nobody who is going to cause harm can get in."
Once all the tension left my body, I felt Justin's arms wrap around me. I returned the gesture, I couldn't explain how happy I was to be in his arms after this tiring day.
"I have to check out the schools first before I return home, would you like to come with me or go with a warrior?" He asked.
"I'll go with you" I replied quickly.
We went into all of the three schools to check if anyone had gone into shock while the event occurred, you'd be surprised to know that happens more often then you'd think.
After that, we looked to see if there was any damage to anything on the school property. There were minor things like the lawns and any outside equipment, all those things could be fixed or replace.
By lifting my hand and placed a kiss on it, Justin knocked me out of my trance.
"Let's head home baby."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Are you guys proud of me? It didn't take me as long to update again!
Question: Who are some of your favorite Youtubers?
I've been in a really big Shane Dawson these past couple of days; the videos where he's trying food from different restaurants. Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!
-Mikayla