(14)

Keena's POV
If Justin leaves me locked up in this room for one more day, I will personally whoop his ass. I was waiting for Justin to come back and once he did, I quickly flipped him on the ground and ran out of the house. This bitch thought that I was I just going to sit there, haha he thought.
"Keena, calm down. You know Justin and Jay were only doing that because they didn't want us to leave again" Nubia said.
"Oh, I understand that Nu, I don't appreciate being locked up in a room without him even saying anything about it. I don't care if I had to hold his hand to go out of the room. He had no right to do that."
"I completely understand that, but you can't keep running out like that on him" Nubia said.
"I'll apologize when I get back, but right now, I need to see my family."
I ran up to my house and busted the door open, I saw my family jump in fright before getting up and rushing towards me. Then the waterworks happened. Dad was first, then Mom, then Tanner, and finally Zander.
"It's okay guys, I'm back. I'm here" I tried to comfort them.
We held each other like this for awhile, not letting go for anything. I did miss them more than anyone else. How could I not? When we pulled away, Dad tried to quickly wipe away his tears before anyone could see him, that made me laugh.
We moved to the couch and I sat next to my Mom, letting her wrap her arms around me.
"Why did you leave?" Dad asked.
"I knew it wasn't safe for me to be here after I had shifted. I didn't know how to control myself and nobody could help me, so I had to go out and learn by myself, where I couldn't hurt anybody. There are so many rouge camps within fifty miles of our borders and as the next Luna, I know it's my right to do what's right for the pack. Even if that means I have to leave" I said.
"Keena", Mom sighed, "You need to know that anyone in this pack would die to keep you safe. Not just because you're the next Luna, but because you're family."
"That's the thing Mom, I don't want anybody to have to die because of me, if I can prevent it, then I will" I said firmly.
"Well how about next time you have a feeling, please run and tell somebody first before doing anything irrational" Dad said.
I nodded and closed my eyes. I'm so happy to be back at home.
"Why don't you go on upstairs and rest for awhile? If somebody needs you, I'll come get you" Zan said nudging me up off of the chair.
Once Mom left to the kitchen and I walked towards the stairs, Zan stretched out on the couch we were just on.
Sometimes, I really hate that kid.
••••••Few Hours Later••••••
When I woke up from my nap, I kissed my parents goodbye and decided to head towards the daycare. I can't even explain how much I missed these kids.
When I opened the door, I heard all their little feet rushing towards me.
"Keena!" they exclaimed.
I kneeled down and allowed them to tackle me onto the ground in a massive puddle. Many kisses and "I love you"s were being shared left and right. These truly are my babies.
We all sat on the carpet in a large circle and decided on watching a movie. I gathered many blankets and pillows along with plenty of snacks for all the kids. I turned on The Lion King and made sure that everybody was comfortable before taking my seat towards the back of the room with the really little ones.
My little ones crowded close and leaned against me, but kept their vision locked on the television screen.
As the movie was coming to an end and a vast majority of the kids were asleep, the parents slowly started coming in to pick up their children. Many gave me a sleepy kiss or hug before starting to drool all over their parents making me laugh a small bit.
I cleaned up the small mess that we made and shut off the lights before locking the door behind me. As there are only three doors that let you in the daycare, I checked those too and left to go see Justin. My angry, possessive, caring, Alpha mate.
I opened the door to the Alpha's Quarter and watched as Justin rushed down the stairs. But instead of yelling at me, he just embraced me in a tight hug. Well, that was unexpected.
"Kee, I'm sorry for locking you in that room but you've got to stop running from me everyday. You don't understand how rejected I feel each time you do that. It makes us feel like we're not good enough to take care of you...which means we can't even begin to run a pack. I need you now more than ever, but I don't think you need me" Justin released off his chest.
"I know that somewhere in me, I know that I need you. Nubia realizes it, but I haven't yet. I just want you to know that no matter what happens, I'll always come back to me. If I'm ever to leave and disappear, it's only for the good of our pack. I don't make it my mission to be "Mrs. Superhero" but if I need to go to crazy extents to keep us safe, then I will" I said.
Justin pulled me into his arms once again and let his head rest against my shoulders, and my head against his chest. We stood in the doorway like that for awhile until we heard somebody moving around in the kitchen.
"Let me take you out for dinner. Nothing fancy, I'd just like to spend some time with you" Justin spoke.
"Okay."
I slipped on some boots since the weather was still cold and rainy and watched as Justin ran up the stairs to get his keys and shoes. When he returned, he softly grabbed my hand and led me outside to his car. I slid in the car after saying thank you for him opening my door. He got in and drove off out of the pack house gates and into town.
Everything in town was owned my the pack but more specifically certain members. Some of the business do branch outside of our small, invisible town and into the human world to help solve conflicts or handle those who wander too close to our territory.
We pulled up into a diner parking lot. I love this place. I quickly hopped out and waited for Justin to get out of the car. I grabbed his hand and pulled him through the diner doors.
"I've never seen you so excited Kee" Justin laughed.
"This has been one of my favorite places to eat since I was little" I explained.
We were seated really quickly and looked at the menu waiting for someone to come take our order. Have you ever gone to a restaurant and looked at the menu even though you get the same thing each time? This is my place where I do it.

Justin's POV
I watched as the waitress began to bear our table, "You can order as much as you'd like Kee."
"If you say so" she said with a little snigger.
"I would like a double bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, a full order of bacon cheese fries, a large chocolate milkshake without whipped cream, and a chocolate chip skillet cookie for desert. Oh can I also have a water too?" She ordered.
I'm not surprised to be honest, I love that she can eat a little bit. It means she'll be perfectly nourished for our pups.
"I'll have chicken crispers a for an appetizer and the specials burger, but without pickles and a Coke" I said.
She wrote it all down and took the menus, "Your order should be out soon."
"Thank you" Keena smiled.
"I'm going to share-" we started at the same time and busted out laughing.
"I'm going to share my fries and possibly my cookie with you" Keena said.
"I got the chicken for the both of us too...I know that it's your favorite" I said making a small smile creep onto her face.
When the food came, it completely covered the table. But it was also the greatest thing ever.
Watching Keena eat and laugh was making me, but definitely Jay swoon. She's just so perfect in my eyes.
"You're really beautiful" I blurted out to her.
"Thank you, it's going to sound weird, but you're beautiful too, but in a way I don't think you can see" she replied.
The rest of our night went by like a fairytale. We shared the cookie skillet and even took turns feeding some to one another.
Back at home, she very willing changed into one of my shirts and plopped into my bed. As I scooted in beside her, she rolled over into me and fell asleep.
On some days, having a mate is stressful. But in the end, it's beyond worth it.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
I'm a terrible person, I know. But here's the update. I feel like it's a lot different from my others.
Question #1: Do you think I should start a YouTube channel?
Question #2: What do you think of Justin's tour so far?
Hope you guys enjoyed! Thanks for reading. Please vote, comment, and share!
-Mikayla<3