(12)

*Justin*
It's been a week since she's left, and I've done nothing but sulk around. There has been hints of her scent tracing all around the border and about a mile away, but there is never the chance of actually finding her.
I wasn't aware of how much she paid attention the the different tactics we were taught. But how could she not when she had a Luna wolf and the strongest wolf known to man inside of her. There's no way easy things like this could have slipped by her.
We had doubled the patrols and spread them out sporadically, just to throw her off. I know that she's lurking around here somewhere, it's just the fact that I can't get her.
Suddenly, it had started pouring rain outside and the pack members started rushing inside to where it was dry. But I on the other hand went opposite. As I reached the border of the pack, I let out a long deep howl just to alert her that I know how she's feeling and for her to come home.
Zander had told me many times that Keena herself was very headstrong and stubborn, but if we didn't get her soon, it would be her wolf dragging her back home.
The clouds carried her scent as the rain poured over the pack house. She can't be that far for this storm to be so powerful. I released the most desperate and saddest howl that I could knowing that her wolf would come back to me. Whether it was going to be today, I don't know.
"I'm fine, I'm very safe. I miss you guys so much, more than I ever thought was possible. That's the cause for the terrible downpour...sorry about that. I see all of you day and night. I'm not trying to run from you, I'm protecting you. You are all my pack. Family and friends. What kind of Luna would I be without at least trying. I know what kind of dangers lurk out in these woods, around the border of our pack. I've been training myself and my powers as I'm out here. Don't ever underestimate the importance of training, it's been very helpful so far. I haven't encountered anybody so far, but my senses are surely heightened, not to mention how fast I can run now....thanks to the border control. Whenever night falls, if you think of me before you go to bed, just send a wave to the sky. Just know that I will reply. When I do, it will be specifically to you. Maybe I can make a star twinkle back or make the warm sparks spread throughout you as they do to me whenever I think of you guys. When the time comes around, just know that I will come home to you. To the Thunder Ice Pack"
Keena's voice came strongly through the link. I felt a rush of relief storm through the pack knowing that she was alive and well, I could hear it in her voice. But the link was cut off to the point where I could only hear here surroundings, not see what was around her.
I've got to give it to her, for a newly shifted wolf, she really knows all of the shortcuts for trying to avoid or hide from somebody.
I scurried back into the library, pulling out the next book that I know she might have read already. It's crazy how she unknowingly gravitated towards books concerning her yet didn't see a single trace of this wolf inside herself. Inside this diary book, was a bunch of short quotes about her.
"Prophet wolf, lethal weapon."
"I'd love to see anyone argue with that wolf, that would be absolutely fatal."
"When that wolf comes around, it's an amazing feeling to know that my greatest grandchildren will have a chance once again."
"Wind. Water. Fire. Earth. Disaster!"
"When this wolf arises, they will be the least likely and unknown, regardless of their rank, race, sexuality, or gender. As long as this wolf can save us, they can be from another world. There is no way that the Moon Goddess will send us someone if they can't protect us. She wouldn't destroy what she worked so hard to create."
"Every other pack is going to want to get their hands in the wolf. You can't trust even your closest allies. They are a weapon, someone that could burn the entire earth until it is nothing but rock once again.
-James Bieber"
Zander burst through the library doors telling me that the pack wanted to go outside and see if they could get Keena's attention. I joined them in the backyard and for once, allowed them to take control of the situation. It wasn't just my Luna, it was their's too.
Once the clock struck ten, the work began. They lit bonfires through pack lands and sang a soft tune that every pup learned. I sat pack and smiled any time the little ones circled around me, skipping and laughing freely with one another. Even though this isn't necessarily an event I'd love to celebrate, there isn't quite anything compared to bring surrounded by your pack.
"I see you guys! I hope you're all having fun." Keena spoke through the link.
I could feel every rush of pleasure and joy that the pack was pushing towards her along with snippets of every activity that was going on. She responded by showing us what she can see from where she was perched up in the sky. It was obvious she was in a tree near the the center of our lands, but even as I looked up for her. I didn't see any unusual eyes staring right back into mine.
A large crack in the sky caught my attention. Multiple fireworks were being popped off every couple of seconds and gracefully falling back to the ground. My mate just keeps the surprises coming our way.
"Please just let her come home to me" I prayed to my Goddess.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
This is the quickest I've ever updated. I'm going to try to update every weekend or every other weekend. Basically just as much as I can. Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Previous Answer: A clock
Riddle: What kind of tree can you carry?
-Mikayla<3