(10)

*Keena*
Alpha Jeremy rushed us into his office and locked the door. Two guards were standing in front of the door. This room luckily was sound proof but did have a single camera hidden in the bookshelf. Only the Third, Beta, and Alpha knew the exact location. The same camera was also fireproof and could only be accessed using our fingerprints in certain areas.
"We mustn't let anyone know of what you are. Tomorrow is the next full moon and I can feel your wolf surfacing. We have to be very careful in the way we approach this. Especially you Keena. We don't know what you're capable of" Jeremy said.
"You would know if you read some of those books in the library" I grumbled underneath my breath.
Jeremy let out a loud growl that had everyone submitting to him, except me. I just growled back a little harder. He sat back shocked.
"She's not kidding Dad. I read only a little part of it and it explains everything that was in Alpha James' dream" Justin backed up.
"Very well. When the moon is its highest in the sky, I'll need you outside. Tomorrow is the mating ceremony for the two of you. It's when you'll be announced as the future Luna. But I have a feeling that more than that is going to happen" then with that, he dismissed us.
I quickly ran out and headed to my room with my Mom got on my tail. I plopped down and sighed in relief. At least I know that I have a great possibility of shifting, but I can also put my pack in great danger. And I'm supposed to be they're Luna who protects them.
My mom tucked me into my covers and kissed my forehead and said that she wanted me to get some sleep. That's what she always did when I was a pup. It used to send me straight to sleep, but that was when I had nothing to think of. That was before I had so many more responsibilities.
I awoke the next morning by sparks flying up my arm. I felt light fingertips tracing the length of my arm. But they weren't too close to me. I knew it was Justin. I turned towards the warmth in my bed where he was and curled myself around his sitting figure.
"Do you need anything?" He asked softly.
"No"
He picked me up and and cradled me into his arms. He just sat there holding me. With his head cradled into the nook of my neck.
"What happened yesterday was because of me, right? I've been reading those books and it said that it only happens when you get emotional. I left you, out there all alone" he said pushing my curls from my face.
"I guess so, I didn't even know that I possessed such a power" I said.
Looking outside my window, I saw some pack members setting up for the ceremony tonight and far in the distance, wolves on patrol.
I walked out of my room and to the kitchen where my mom sat a large plate of waffles and bacon in front of me. You better know that I ate every last bite of that food. Ain't nobody touch any of that. They know that their life would be in complete danger if they tried.
For the rest of the day, I hung out in my room until it was time for the ceremony. I wore a pair of black high waisted shorts with a coral peachy v-neck top and some black sandals. I combed out my curly mane and parted it so one side had more than the other. I'm not sure why I always did that, but now I just think it's cute.
I met with Justin right outside of my door and together we walked downstairs and to the set up stage. On the stage was a bowl with a drop of everyone's blood, elders and young kids too.
"Tonight, we are going to welcome Keena as the future Luna of our pack. She is the mate of my son Justin who, luckily, found her on the night of his coming of age party. We are also very fortunate that she is the youngest, and only daughter of our Beta Radley Neva. All these factors and more allow us to be very safe and secure as she is somebody that we all know and love dearly. She will be able to help lead and lead the pack. Will you two please step forward?" Jeremy spoke.
He handed Justin the knife first and he slit into his wrist allowing the drop of blood to fall into the bowl before handing it to me. I did the same and watched as everyone with a wolf eye's changed very quickly. I heard slight groans of pain from the newly shifted wolves as they weren't used to having such a strong connection. I felt Justin's hand grab my wrist before he fell unconscious on the stage.
'Mate' Nubia growled.
She quickly took control over my body and moved him out of sight of the pack members. She sat next to him running her fingers through his hair trying to get a reaction out of him.
Lana rounded the corner trying to comfort me but that was a mistake. As soon as she got close enough,
I shifted.
I was still overtop of Justin and barred my teeth at her. She stood still in shock and knowing better than to move as she was the target of my eye. I laid down on top of him, curling my tail underneath of his head so he wouldn't be uncomfortable on the stage.
'What happened? Why did we shift? Why so quickly?' I asked Nubia.
'Mate, danger, protect Mate' she answered back before ignoring me.
I smelt Jeremy way before I saw him and let out a low warning growl. He heard this and turned the corner with his hands up and didn't approach me until I allowed him.
"We have to get Justin to the pack doctor to get him checked out. The rest of the pack is in their rooms except for Pattie and your family. It's best if we get him checked out now rather than waiting until later if something worse has happened" he said.
I got off of Justin and Jeremy instantly moved making me growl again. He paused and waited for me. I licked Justin's cheek and marked my scent all over him with my tail before allowing Jeremy to pick him up.
I trailed behind them to make sure that nobody was out. Even though I had no training in my wolf form, I was willing to die if it allowed for my mate to not be hurt.
Once we got into the hospital wing, the doctors were already waiting for us. I pulled myself up on the couch and watched to make sure that they weren't hurting him.
'Look at them walking on eggshells' Nubia laughed.
Everyone knows that a newly shifted wolf is very temperamental. Then to add to that they are touching my injured mate. If they do something wrong, they're asking for a death wish.
Suddenly, his eyes popped open and locked on my mine. They widened in surprise as he tried to get in the bed. But just as he stood on his feet, the house went black.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I really hope 2016 is lit, and maybe I'll be able to update more. That's something I really want.
Previous Answer: Shorter
Riddle: I'm tall when I'm young and I'm short when I'm old. What am I?
Feel free to email or inbox me anytime you'd like. Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!
-Mikayla<3