Chapter 12- New Apartment

Emry's P.O.V-

This morning I thought I was going to be okay finally knowing that both Eli and Evan were going to help me and Sam move my stuff today. Then I saw him when I walked out the door, Eli was wearing a black tank top and basketball shorts that showed off his tattoos on his arms, chest, and some on his legs. Instantly my mouth started watering, and then I felt the blush creep across my face when I notice he was staring at me; looking me over. I don't get why though because I'm in just my sweats and a plain t-shirt and my hair is pulled up in a messy bun. Then I almost lose it with my stomach having a million butterflies going on inside when he walks up and smiles that crooked smile of his. Showing off his amazing white teeth with that smile. He finally says something, "Hey there beautiful, are you ready to get started on moving today?" I so badly want to fight these feelings for him, but I just don't know how. I mean he is so beautiful, but yet he is saying all these sweet things that make my insides melt. I have no idea what to do anymore.

Six hours, Thirty-two boxes, and several amounts of cuss words used, I was finally moved into my new apartment with Sam. Now there were four exhausted people sprawled out all over the living room floor. I and Sam were on the couch barely hanging on, and Eli and Evan were on the floor looking like starfishes, with the way they were spread out. When I first started packing my stuff up, I never thought it would take me this long to move and un-pack, especially with two extra people. By body ached from moving so much stuff, I moaned, "I am so tired, and can't move. Why didn't anybody tell me I had so much crap?" I could hear the guys laughing, and Sam just looked up and gave me a death glare, "You know I told you how much shit you had before you moved, but did you listen to me? No of course you didn't!" That got me sitting up fast, "Whoa there Sam, who are you to judge? I mean have you seen your closet recently? Come one it is like you have your own clothing boutique in one room alone!" That got her laughing, "Okay fair enough, I am no one to judge sorry girl." "It's okay boo boo, you know I love you."

With renewed energy I got up and headed to the kitchen to grab my cell phone, and then came back to sit on the couch in the living room. "Okay, since everyone here helped move my shit, who wants pizza? On me?" before anything was said Evan murmured a comment about knowing Eli would love to have pizza on me. That got him a pillow thrown at his head by both me and Sam, thus causing Eli to laugh. Finally after all the laughing, everyone agreed pizza sounded like the best thing ever.

Two hours later, and three pizzas almost all finished, we were all sitting around the living room talking and joking around. After a few minutes of silence, Evan decided to bring up Eli and me, "So Emry, why won't you give my boy here the time of day?" Luckily I had finished taking a drink of my water when Evan asked that question or I would have choked probably. "Well, I guess my reasoning is that, it's personal. Sorry" "No, I'm sorry I asked, I didn't mean to intrude on you there Em." "It's okay Evan, you were curious no harm done. Well I think I'm going to clean up this mess." I started to get up and pick things up and head to the kitchen, when Sam and Evan blew past me yelling something about getting ice cream and coffee. And before I knew it Eli was following me with more garbage and dishes. "You don't have to help me Eli, I got this." He just looked at me, and kept putting things away and cleaning up. "I know, but I still want to help, if that's okay with you?" I just nodded and kept on doing the dishes.

There was a nice silence between us for a little while. You could feel as though there was some tension of some sort between us, but then again the silence wasn't completely awkward for some reason. I was lost in my own thoughts when all of a sudden the water turned off and a towel was being put into my hands. I looked up to see Eli leaning against the counter near me and smiling at me. After drying my hands I just leaned on the opposite counter looking Eli in the eyes. I could tell he wanted to talk to me, and part of me hoped he would talk to me, it felt as though I was begging him to talk to me if that makes sense. "So Emry, I know Evan already asked you this, but why do you ignore me so much?" This was a hard question to answer not just to him, but to myself as well. "Honestly? Well I have always been put down. My whole life has been like that and that is why I always ignore you. I don't really want to get into specifics right now, but it is so hard for me to accept that any guy especially a guy like you would want anything to do with me." I was so embarrassed that I actually opened up to him, but on the other hand I was sort of relieved that I have. At least a little bit. He walked towards me and put his hand on my cheek, caressing it. I was so flustered that I couldn't help but look down at my feet. Then my eyes shot up to his when he said, "You don't have to tell me anything more that you don't want to. However I want to let you know that you are beautiful and any guy especially me. I or any other guy would be lucky to have you in his life. I can see you feel something between us, it's in your eyes whenever we are together. I can only imagine how hard this might be for you, but I was hoping I could ask you out for tomorrow night?"

I think about it, and come to realize that I promised Sam I would be more open towards Eli. Also I realized that I don't want to fight these feelings anymore, even if I do end up getting hurt in the end. "Okay.... Yes I will go out with you tomorrow."

Author's Note-

Wow Emry is finally starting to maybe turn over a new leaf in life? I mean she moved out of her parents' house, and now has agreed to a date with Eli? Oh where will this story go from here? Well there is only one way to find out, and that is to keep reading!!