Chapter 14- Getting to Know Her

Eli's P.O.V-

To say I was a nervous wreck all day would be an understatement. I mean I was shocked that when I asked Emry out she actually said yes, but now that it is the actual day of our date I was more nervous that she might back out. Thank god when I picked her up at her and Sam's apartment she was still wanting to go out tonight. That made me happy, and more excited than anything I could remember. When I went to pick her up she seemed nervous, but fuck she looked breathtaking when she answered her door. Those jeans, and with her hair curled like that showing off both the dark black, and blond in her hair. Her skin seemed to glow with the minimal make-up she wore, and my god that lipstick she wore made her look even better. It took me a good minute before I could say anything to her.

Then when we finally got into my truck she was so quiet and just looked out the window. I didn't want to push her, because she did seem so nervous, but how I wished she would talk to me. "So where are we going tonight?" I glance in her direction and she looks so cute in my truck, fuck it makes me want to see her more and I still barely know this girl. "Well if I told you then that wouldn't be much of a surprise then would it?" "Please?" "No, that's no fun." "Okay how about this, are we almost there?" I glance over at her again while at a stoplight and smile at her, "Yes, we are almost there. You know you're cute when you are nervous." "How do you know that I am nervous?" I grab her hand because I just have to touch her, but I don't want to scare her off. Her hand in mine feels amazing, it is so small compared to mine, and when I lace our fingers together I feel my body heat up, also as though a jolt of electricity sort of went through my arm. Then all of a sudden she just rips her hand away from mine and looks even more nervous than before. Fuck she is so cute, and innocent. I think I might be falling hard for this girl. "Well for starters the way you wouldn't talk when we got in the car, then you kept asking where we were going, and then finally the way you pulled your hand away from mine when I was holding it." She looks shocked at first, then tells me she is nervous just like I had thought. I have to reassure her somehow that everything will be just fine. "Don't be nervous. There is no pressure for this date, let's just take it slow and see where the night takes us? How does that sound?" She looks into my eyes like she is searching for an answer, "Okay, slow it is. Thank you. Now where are we?" "Ah well I figured that this should be a low key date, so I brought you to my house. Well actually the lake behind my house."

God I hope she is okay with coming here, I do want to take this slow for her even though it might just kill me in the process. She eventually jumps out of my truck and looks around from where she is standing, and I am not sure but I think I just saw her smile. God I need to see her smile more, I mean the small glimpse I saw was amazing. "It is beautiful out here Eli, this is a perfect first date." Taking a big sigh of relief, "Good, I'm glad you like it. Now follow me out here to the dock. I thought we could watch the sun set, have a bite to eat, and talk." We start walking and I can see her next to me hesitate for a second before continuing to walk next to me. As we get to the main part of the dock I start lighting the bonfire in the pit I have set up here. Emry takes a seat next to the water and looks out at the sunset reflecting out on the lake. After getting the fire going I grab the basket of snacks I prepared earlier, and sit right next to her. "So I have a bunch of snacks here because I wasn't sure what you would like. And I thought we could just hang out and get to know one another I hope that's okay. "Yeah that sounds great"

I open the basket and pull out food, setting it onto the chair that I dragged in front of us. "Good, so I have water, soda, and juice. Then there is some grapes, watermelon, Oreos, popcorn, Cheetos, carrot sticks, peanuts, cheese and I even have some stuff to make s'mores in here too." She looks at me shocked, and still nervous and this just makes me want to know why? "Wow that is a lot of food. You must have put a lot of thought into this." "Well I just wanted to make sure that there was something in here you might like. Please take whatever you want." I grab some Oreos and water, and she goes for watermelon and the Cheetos. As we are eating we are quiet, and I am dying to talk to her some more. "So Emry, what's your favorite color?" "What are we playing 20 questions or something? And it's purple." I store that into my mind for later reference, because I just want to remember everything about this amazing, sexy girl right in front of me. "Why not, and mine is blue. Now your turn to ask a question."

She seems to think for a little bit, "Okay what is your favorite kind of music?" "That's easy, I love country and rock. What's your favorite season?" "Very cool, I love all kinds of music. And definitely summer, you know the late nights, swimming, and other summer activities." We go on like this for a while getting to know one another. I learned more about her like her favorite flower was Gerbera Daisies, favorite movies were the twilight series. She loves Starbucks, reading, watching football, spending time with Sam, and children. I loved learning all this new information about Emry and I wanted to know so much more. The sun has already set and our only light was now the bon fire and moon light. I could not believe how beautiful this girl was, both the inside and outside. "Emry do you know how beautiful you are right now? I cannot keep my eyes off of you." I could see her blush and look down and that just gave me the feeling of I have to kiss her. So I lean over and brush my thumb over her cheek and grasp her chin in the palm of my hand and bring her face to mine. As I lean in further and our lips are only millimeters apart I hear her breath hitch and I as I kiss her I feel fireworks go off in my head. Her lips are soft, and perfect, that I start losing myself in the kiss and grab her neck and pull her in more, like I just can't get enough of her. This kiss was amazing and I didn't want it to end, however she suddenly pulled away and pushed me back. Emry then got up and walked to the end of the dock and just looked out at the dark water.

To say I was confused is an understatement. I thought she was into it too, as she was kissing me back. I had no idea what to do for a minute and just stared at Emry's back, until I finally walked over to her. "Hey are you okay? I didn't mean to push myself onto you it was just we were having such a great time, I thought we were connecting, and I just had to kiss you. I mean I am so drawn to you and..." "Would you just stop talking Eli? Look I did enjoy getting to know you, and even kissing you, but I can't do this." "What? What do you mean you can't do this? Date me?" She turns around to look at me, "Yes date you, look I don't date. I mean it's complicated but no matter what, you don't want to date me okay." I just stood there staring at her dumbfounded what does she mean I don't want to date her? She is all I can think about. What the hell is going on? Fuck this girl is make me fall for her, and she doesn't want to date.

Author's Note-

So Eli is angry, confused, and possibly falling in love with Emry? Wow that's a lot going on in one guy's head isn't it? However he doesn't know about Emry's past. What is causing Emry to hold back so much even though she shows she does have feelings for him? I mean he did create a nice date for her. What is going to happen next?? Any ideas? Keep reading!!