[one]

[calum]

"Are you sure you don't need any help with the bags Cal?"

"No mom I got it," I smiled sweetly.

My mom nodded her head as we walked into my large dorm building. Kids my age and older swarmed like bees around us, some holding boxes, while others were with friends, relaxed and seemingly untouched by the chaos around them.

"Okay Cal, so the woman at the main desk told us you're room c438," my mom said, looking at a large campus map. It was kind of embarrassing, having my mom here holding this giant map, wandering around like some lost tourist. I didn't mind though, my mom was my everything. When it happened it was just us three, then the second disaster struck, and now it's just me and my mom.

"I just can't seem to figure out this map," my mom said, furrowing her eyebrows. "Ah! I'll just ask someone for directions!"

"No mom, I- I think we can find is just fine," i stuttered, not really wanting my mom to go ask a tough frat guy for directions.

"Oh, I'll ask this fine young gentlemen," she announced, nodding her head towards a boy about my height, but definitely older. He was muscular and had a mop of blonde curls on his head, with a fedora covering most of it. He sat on a small bench with another boy. He had jet black hair, so black it almost looked dyed. The boy he was with seemed a lot scarier though, he had tattoos on his arms and an eyebrow piercing.

Nevertheless, my mom strutted over to the two college boys and smiled. I couldn't really hear her from where she was, but I could make out a few words.

"Hi boys, my son is new here and we were having some trouble finding his room, would you mind helping us?"

"Oh not at all!" The blonde boy said.

"Yeah, what's his room number?" the other one asked.

"c438?" my mom said, it coming out in more of a question.

"Oh my gosh! That's my room!" The boy with black hair said.

I sighed, thank god he seems normal.

"That's great! He's right over there," my mom replied smiling, she turned around and pointed right at me.

I gave an awkward smile and small wave as the boys got up and walked over to me. As they were walking I realized how much we dressed the same. Black skinny jeans, band tees, and some type of black vans or converse.

Now, the boy with blonde hair wore a fedora, so he couldn't have been as 'rock and roll' as the other one. Of course, I didn't have lots of tattoos or piercings, but all three of us dressed the same.

"Hey I'm Michael, your new room mate," the boy with black hair said, who I now know at Michael. He had a small Australian accent, so I assume he didn't live here previously.

"Hi nice to meet you, I'm Calum," I replied, smiling.

"Hey Calum, I'm Ashton," the boy with the fedora said.

"Hey nice to meet you."

The boy had a much thicker accent, so I assume he either lived here, or was a senior and spent a lot of time here.

After we got acquainted, the boys offered to help me bring my stuff up to the room. I happily agreed and they led my mom and I up to the room.

It was a normal sized room, probably a little bigger than my room at home. There were two twin beds on either side of the room and two desks. A door was at the other side of the room, and I assumed it was the bathroom.

One bed/desk was already made/filled with things, while the other was barren. I dropped the bags loudly onto my bed, not realizing how heavy they actually were until my arms were free from their weight.