[five]

[calum]

I woke up the next day with my head clear and comfortable. Well, i shouldn't say clear, cause my mind was still racing with thoughts of Luke. Why doesn't he sleep with virgins? Is it like, a turn off for him? Probably not, because Michael said it was a childhood thing.

It was about noon and Michael and I were listening to Pierce The Veil and playing video games. It's nice that we are such good friends already, probably because i told him about Mali and my dad. I'm not sure if i'm ready to tell Ashton or the other frat boys, but i'm definitely not telling Luke, i hadn't seen him since the almost-hook up, and i don't think he will want to see me any time soon.

"FUCK YOU, ASS-WIPE," Michael yelled loudly when i scored a goal against him in fifa. "I told you i suck at this game," he pouted.

I laughed at his childishness but took him not paying attention to my advantage, and scored on him again. His eyes widened when he figured out what i had done, and a smirk crept onto his face.

Michael sat up from his spot on the floor and launched himself at me. I shrieked and tried to jump away, but it was too late. His large body collapsed on too of me and he started to playfully punch. I laughed at his goofiness and fought back, but our 'fight' was soon interrupted when someone opened out door.

We both looked up and i saw two bodies standing in our doorway. A normal sized, muscular boy with curly blonde hair, and an extremely tall boy covered in tattoos and had blonde and lilac hair.

Ashton and Luke.

"Are we interrupting something?" Luke laughed.

"N-no, no" we stuttered, getting off of each other and standing up awkwardly.

Since i'd only ever seen Luke when i was either drunk or it was dark, i could now fully see him.

He was probably 6,4 (taller than me) and his quiffed hair made him seem even taller. The lilac strands in his hair stood out from the rest of his blonde ones. My eyes traveled down to his face, and i noticed his crystal clue eyes. Just above them were his eyebrows, and one of them were pierced like Michael's. I couldn't see it now, cause his mouth was closed, but he had a tongue piercing too. I looked up and down his body, seeing his ripped up Nirvana tee and black skinny jeans. His arms were mostly exposed, so i could see his tattooed and muscular arms.

My mind shot back to that night, when he told me to jump at the doorway, and his strong arms caught my large body.

I looked into his eyes and noticed he was looking up and down my body, just like I had just done to him. I was just in a pair of sweat pants and shirtless, cause this is what I slept in, but I felt somewhat confident showing off my abs and the tattoos I have on my chest and arms.

"So we were thinking of going out to lunch, you guys wanna come?" Ashton asked, clearly feeling the sexual tension in the room.

"Yeah sure, lemme get dressed," I said casually.

Mikey agreed and went to is drawer to find an outfit. I did the same but with mine, and I invited them to take a seat on one of our beds.

They walked and sat on mine, and i tried to ignore the eyes burning a hole through me as I picked out a black oversized sweater and back skinnies with holes in the knees. I slipped on my black vans and grabbed a grey beanie with a puff ball at the end.

I turned around a sprayed a little cologne on myself, and when I was finished, Mikey was too.

"Ready?" Luke asked us.

"Yeah, lemme grab some money," I said, rummaging through my drawers for my wallet.

"Nah I got it, this is my 'I'm sorry for yelling at you and almost fucking you' lunch," Luke laughed.

I smiled but nodded and followed the boys out of Mikey and I's dorm room.

---

"So where are we going?" I asked.

I sat in the back of Luke's black jeep with Ashton, because Michael insisted on being shotgun.

"We're just going to a Maccas," Luke laughed. "I could pay for better, but I've been craving it."

"Maccas?" I asked confused.

"Oh right! Your not used to Australia yet, Maccas is McDonalds," Mikey explained.

I nodded slowly, but the conversation soon changed to what we were majoring and minoring in.

Ashton and Luke were both sports majors, music minors. Michael was a business major and music minor.

"So Cal, how about you? What classes are you taking?" Ashton asked, turning to me.

It seemed as if all attention was on me, and it was, but it felt much more overwhelming. Maybe because I'd have to tell them that I'm also a music minor, and tell them I play the bass. Which would make them ask me to join the band, and I would be dragging their talent down if I said yes. I mean, I'm not awful, but I'm definitely not as good as they are.

"I'm uh, English major and mujsajdo minor," I mumbled.

"Your what minor?" Luke asked, looking at me though the rear-view mirror.

"Mushaknd," I mumbled again.

"God damn it just tell us!" Michael laughed.

"I'm a music minor, okay?" I yelled.

"Wait, what? You're a music minor? What do you play!" Michael yelled, turning around in his seat to face me.

"I play the um... bass..." I trailed off.

fuck, here we go

"Oh my god! You have to be in the band! We've been needing a bassist! Why didn't you tell us before!" Ashton yelled excitedly.

"This is why," I sighed. "I didn't want to be in the band so I didn't tell you."

"What? Why don't you want to be in the band?" Luke asked nervously. I could tell that he thought it was because of him.

"Because you guys are so good, and I'm just average. So I didn't want to drag you down," I shrugged.

"Oh come on!" Ashton giggled. "You're probably amazing! Show us your skill when we get back, okay?"

I smiled, thinking that being in the band might actually not be a bad idea.

"Yeah, okay."

---

"So, Calum... can I talk to you?" Luke asked, turning to me.

We sat in a booth in the spacious Maccas (?) and Michael and Ashton sat across from us. I was choking down on my 10 piece nugget and large fry when Luke spoke.

"Um yeah... sure," I replied, turning away from my food and towards Luke.

"So I um, I wanted to apologize for the other night. I-I didn't mean to snap at you like that, I just... it's a long story but, as Michael probably told you, I don't fuck virgins... so yeah, I just... sorry," he said awkwardly, scratching the back of his head.

"It's okay, I mean it probably wasn't the best idea anyway cause we had just met... but why don't you fuck virgins?" I asked.

His face hardened and it looked like it did that other night, but then it softened slightly when he saw my scared expression.

"I just... don't like to talk about it," he said quietly.

"I understand," I smiled, shooting him a dimple.

"So... can we just like, start over? Like, a clean slate?" he asked.

"Yeah, clean slate. Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Calum Hood," I laughed.

"Hi, nice to meet you Calum Hood,
I'm Luke Hemmings."

[a/n]

asdfjhg this chapter is fucking shit I'm so sorry... the next one will be better though :)

so I hope you guys like to book so far! Vote and comment cause I wanna know how you guys like the book!

love you guys//emily