[eighteen]

SORRY EVERYONE I ACCIDENTALLY HIT PUBLISH LIKE 3 TIMES AND IM A DUMB FUCK, SO THIS IS THE REAL FINISHED CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

[calum] 

I felt tired. Weak. But, I also felt peaceful. Or like I had just been peaceful.

I was in a bed, that was probably comfortable before, but now felt like a brick under me.

My eyelids covered my eyes, and they had probably rested quietly over my eyes, but it felt like weights were weighing them down.

Suddenly, I became scared. My eyes were closed, and for some reason, I couldn't open them. I tried, I really did. They wouldn't move.

Where was I? Am I dead? No... no I can't be dead, I can hear my breathing. And... beeping? Yes, lots of beeping.

My wrist felt... uncomfortable. Like something was inside of it. Shit, what if a cut opened? No, that's can't be it, it wasn't the same feeling.

A cut opening... or cutting in general gave me a sense of tranquility. It also felt... like my skin was being torn in two. But this... this was much worse.

It gave my whole arm a feeling of uneasiness. Like when you can feel that slight tug at the pit of your stomach and you know it's not a stomach ache, but somethings wrong.

Suddenly, a heard the creaking sound of a door opening, probably three or four yards away.

I tried to open my eyes to see who opened it, or where I was, but again, my eyes fused shut.

"H-How's he doing?" a woman asked nervously.

Her voice was soft and comforting, even though it was coated with fear. I instantly knew it was my mom.

I tried to open my mouth to say something to her, anything to ask what's happening, but I couldn't.

"Well, we did a CT and an MRI and there doesn't seem to be any brain damage. We believe the collapse was from him hyperventilating. He was having a panic attack at the time, correct?" a man with a deep voice said. He was calm, but I could tell his words were laced with sorrow.

I couldn't recognize his voice, but soon another one was heard to I listened closely.

"Y-yes... he was having one of the worst I've ever seen... and trust me... I've experienc-seen, um-I've seen some bad ones," a boy with a shaky ring to his voice said.

The boys' voice was supposed to be cocky and confident... but I knew it was just a barrier for his real voice, which was the voice he was using now.

A voice dripping with fear and pain, covered with a thick layer of fake confidence. I immediately knew it was Luke.

"Well-" the middle aged sounding man started, "It looks like he lost a lot of oxygen during that panic attack, and not enough oxygenated blood was getting to his brain. That's what caused him to pass out."

"But shouldn't be have woken up by now? It's been five days," Luke said, a shaky breath escaping his lips.

What? Five days?

"Help!" I screamed. "Someone! Please! I'm scared! I-I want Luke! Help! Please, where's Luke!" I cried, but it was only heard in my head. My mouth refused to open.

Memories started flooding back to me, and I remembered being really... really scared and feeling light headed, then everything going black.

Suddenly, it dawned on me where I was. A hospital. That explains the beeps and the uncomfortable bed.