Rain Came Pouring Down

The second Karlie met those blue eyes, she froze. No, she wasn't ready to face blonde just yet, she wondered if she would ever be ready. She knew she wouldn't be able to avoid the singer forever, but today seemed like the worst day to do this, today she was supposed to pick up her boyfriend from the hospital. Today she wasn't supposed to talk to the girl that had taken over her every thought, no matter how much she tried for her not to.

Looking at Taylor now, her heart felt heavy with guilt. She knew it was impossible but she could've sworn the walls had started to close in on her. Her entire being felt overwhelmed.

Taylor, for her part, looked as if she had just seen a ghost. But before the blonde could even react Karlie turned around and ran into the pouring rain, leaving the shocked singer sitting alone in the café. No, the model wasn't ready for this.

The second the rain hit Karlie's skin, the reality of what she had just done caught up to her. She had just ran into the rain like a scared little child, she had just ran from her problems instead of facing them, no doubt leaving the blue eyed girl confused. Karlie stopped running after a few minutes, her own behavior shocking her. What has my life become? The model was standing soaking wet under the rain when she should've been in that café, facing her problems like an adult not like a 6 year old who was still afraid of sleeping in the dark.

Karlie's thoughts were interrupted when she felt a hand grab her shoulder. Instinctively she pulled away and turned to face the person who had just startled her. She was met by Taylor who seemed out of breath, and just as soaked as Karlie.

"You run fast," Taylor said with a nervous laugh, leaning over her knees as she tried catching her breath. Karlie didn't say anything and just stared at the singer.

The taller girl was trying to seem unaffected by Taylor regardless of her previous action, which indicated otherwise. Her indifference couldn't be farther from the true, her heart had started beating faster, feeling an unexplained happiness at the knowledge that Taylor had ran out into the rain for her. However, that happiness only brought her more guilt. She shouldn't want Taylor chasing after her, she shouldn't want her to show she cared. Yet, she wanted just that.

"Why did you ran?" Taylor was trying to sound neutral, however, her eyes betrayed her obvious amusement at the model's antics.

"I didn't." Karlie said matter-of-factly. Determined to seem unaffected.

Taylor chuckled at the younger girl's stubbornness, "Okay." She said, choosing to drop the subject. "Next question then, why have you been avoiding my phone calls?"

"I haven't," the model lied, "I've just been busy."

Taylor almost didn't hear her over the sound of the rain still falling. "Can we maybe talk somewhere else? Somewhere private?" The singer was becoming annoyed by how closed off Karlie had become.

"Talk about what?" Karlie knew she was pushing it but she didn't care, at this point acting ignorant was the only thing keeping her from becoming emotional.

Taylor quickly ran her hands through her wet hair, becoming visibly frustrated by the minute. "Oh I don't know, maybe about the fact that we fucking kissed."

Karlie flinched a bit at the singer's words, not expecting her to be so blunt. She quickly looked away from Taylor, avoiding her angry eyes. "There's nothing to talk about." Kalie watched as a few pedestrians ran in the streets, entering stores or calling for taxis' attention, as an attempt to avoid the rain. All of them seemed oblivious of the two of them just standing still, ignoring the rain. "It meant nothing." Karlie finally looked back at the singer, making her wish she hadn't. The hurt in her eyes was obvious, threatening to cry any moment. Karlie's own emotionless expression faltered for a second, but she quickly got a grip on it. She needed to do this, she told herself.

"It meant nothing?!" Taylor said in disbelieve.

"It meant nothing." The model confirmed, ignoring Taylor's tone. "I love Josh."

Taylor laughed sarcastically, "Sure, you love Josh and I'm a dog person." The singer's voice was dripping with bitterness, she had never been good at hiding her emotions.

Karlie knew the older girl was completely right, she had stopped loving Josh a long time ago. But she wasn't going to leave him when he needed her the most. Josh had never done wrong by her, and after kissing Taylor she couldn't say the same for herself. She had loved him once, and she was sure she could love him again if she just tried.

It took everything in Karlie's being to say her next words, but she knew they were necessary. "I love him. You were a mistake, Taylor."

Karlie felt empty as she saw the light go out from Taylor's blue eyes. She had done it.

"It meant a lot to me." Without another word Taylor turned around and didn't look back.

Unknown to her, the green eyed girl had fallen to her knees, breaking down, crying alone in the rain.

N/A: Sorry. *hides under bed covers*

PS: Also, just keep in mind that whatever happens next, this is still a Kaylor fanfic at the end of the day.