Like The Weather

"Are you sure you want to go back to work?" Karlie was sitting on the couch, watching as Josh moved around the room, grabbing different objects as he went.

"It's been three week, Karlie. I've already missed too much work." The business men didn't even glance at his girlfriends while speaking, too preoccupied with gathering his belongings.

"You were in an accident, I'm sure people will understand," Karlie reasoned. "I'm just saying one more week couldn't hurt." The model knew of Josh's workaholic ways, and while he had gotten much better, she worried that his stubbornness would compromise his health.

"Oh I think it just might kill me if I have to be in this apartment a minute longer," Josh didn't even noticed the hurt look on Karlie's face, "Speaking of, I think I'm going to be staying in my own house from now on."

Josh didn't wait for a response, soon saying his farewells yet, forgetting the most important one.

Karlie sighed, now completely alone in her apartment. Things hadn't been going as well as she had hoped for her and the entrepreneur. A sick Josh was insufferable, complaining about everything and never allowing Karlie to help, his pride getting the better of him.

Despite being worried about his health, Karlie would be lying if she said she wasn't glad he had left. This was the first time in a while that she was truly able to breathe.

Karlie laid down on the couch, enjoying her peaceful surroundings. In no time, the model fell asleep, with her last thought being that of a particular pair of blue eyes.

***

"Taylor, your cat fell asleep on my face. Again."

"I don't see how that's a problems." The singer giggled as she caught sight of Dianna laying on her couch, Olivia awkwardly spread against her features fast asleep. She gently took the unconscious cat into her arms and placed her on the armchair, the cat stirred slightly but didn't wake up. Taylor shook her head as she watched the small ball of fur. "I'm convince a sharknado could occur and even then she wouldn't wake up."

"You might have the best music taste but, when it comes to movies, you are a lost cause," Dianna said, an amused expression on her face.

"I value originality."

Dianna simply smiles and extended her arms out, motioning for the Taylor to join her in the couch. The singer complied and was quickly engulfed by the actress's arms. Taylor still found Dianna's insistence of being the big spoon amusing, given that she was the shorter of the two, the singer didn't mind, however. Taylor smiled contently, tucking her head in the crook of the Dianna's neck; enjoying the safety of it all.

Isn't this simple?

***

"Why don't we go dinner tonight? A date night."

"Really?" Karlie was surprised by the sudden proposal, in the last couple of weeks Josh hadn't put much effort into spending time with her, preferring to focus on work. Of course that wasn't anything new, the entrepreneur had always been a workaholic. It was one of the things Karlie had loved about him. They hadn't gone out on dates much, only going out to celebrate career accomplishments from either of them, so Karlie was taken about by his offer. "Did you close an important deal?

"No, I just thought it would be a fun thing to do. I can get us reservations to a restaurant. It'll be nice," Josh said simply, already taking out his phone to make a reservation.