White Lies

Taylor sat on the couch, absentmindedly running her finger around the rim of her glass, her other hand petting the small white kitten on her lap. She had been in that position since arriving from the studio, every so often refilling her glass with wine.

She couldn't stop thinking about the last few months, overanalyzing every decision she had made. She felt a deep regret, but she wasn't sure of its origin, she knew regretted the pain she caused Dianna, but which decision did she regret? Did she regret sleeping with Dianna all those months ago? Or did she regret running towards Karlie's aid yesterday?

Part of Taylor knew that if she hadn't slept with the actress to begin with, she could've avoided all of this. But the other part of her couldn't help but think that she had been happy with Dianna, that if she had just put her first, things would've gone well between the two. She didn't regret getting a second chance with Dianna. They could've fallen in love again, they could've done it right this time. But now that was gone, and it was all Taylor's fault.

Taylor's phone rang, but she ignored it, much like she had been all day. Instead, she got up and went to retrieve a blanket from the closet. As she did, she felt a slight disappointment at not feeling as drunk as she had hoped she'd be. She returned to the couch and tucked herself in, closing her eyes.

Taylor woke up to the sound of someone knocking on her door. Disoriented, she made her way towards the door, not even bothering to check who it was.

She was met by a smile and a pair of green eyes.

"Hey! I'd hug you but my hands are kind of occupied at the moment." Taylor's gaze shifted down, noticed the two bags Karlie had in her hands for the first time.

"What's in them?" Taylor wonder as she let the girl in.

"Everything we need for a baking marathon," Karlie said, looking over her shoulder to smile at Taylor.

"What's the occasion?" Taylor wondered as she followed the taller girl into the kitchen.

"Me getting out of an unhappy relationship," Karlie answered bluntly.

"Thought you said you loved him," the second she said it she regretted it. They had been expertly avoiding any mention of that day in the rain, since they started talking again.

"Right...," the younger girl awkwardly answered, as she unpacked the bags she had brought, avoiding Taylor's eyes, "So anyways, we're backing today and you're not getting out of it," Karlie said with a goofy smile, however, it disappeared as quick as it had appeared, as a thought entered her mind. "Unless you had plans with Dianna, or something."

Taylor was caught off guard by Karlie's comment, unsure if bringing up her own breakup was something she wanted to do. Karlie would no doubt ask questions about it, and what was she supposed to say? 'Oh, she broke up with me because she suspects I'm not over you.' That was a can of worms Taylor did not want to open. Karlie had made her feeling clear as crystal; Taylor doubted she could handle another rejection.

"No, no plans," the blonde assured her, it wasn't exactly a lie.

Karlie's smile quickly returned, "Good. Now let's get started."

After much arguing, they decided to make their own separate batches; Karlie wanted to bake something healthy, meanwhile, Taylor wanted something sweet and calories-infused. She had always been the binge-eating type after a break up.

"I don't understand how you can bake something so unhealthy without a care in the world," Karlie commented as she watched the singer gather her ingredients.