A Promise

Taylor didn't know how she ended back at her apartment, she vaguely remembered getting in her security's car but for all she knew, she could've have dreamed it. It all seemed like a blur, everything around her moving too quickly for her to notice, yet at the same time if felt as if everything had stopped at once.

You were a mistake, Taylor. Those words kept replaying in her head, denying to let her forget them. Those words were the only thing that were crystal clear. You were a mistake, Taylor.

The singer glanced to the side as she felt the space next to her concave ever so slightly. Meredith had laid down on the couch, not quite touching the still wet girl, but seeming to sense her presence might be needed. Taylor smiled slightly at her cat, but quickly stopped once the model's words once more ran through her mind.

You were a mistake. Her brain was unable to understand the model's words, though her heart completely understood, the proof was in the way it felt, as if an elephant had been sat on her chest.

Taylor wasn't sure how long she sat there, but as time passed her clothes started drying off; becoming damp. Outside the rain was still falling quickly, showing no sign of slowing down anytime soon. The singer heard her door opening, a murmured thank you being said before the door was closed.

"Taylor!" The voiced called, too cheerful for the singer's liking, "Your bodyguard let me in I hope that's okay. I would've knocked, but I kind of have my hands full," the voiced was getting closer, but Taylor ignored it and didn't say anything. "Have you seen the rain outside? It's crazy. Makes me miss L.A."

Taylor didn't respond. From the corner of her eye she could see a figure holding a large bag standing by the couch, staring at her.

"Taylor? What's wrong?" The figured put the large bag down and moved closer, kneeling down in front of the singer. Taylor was met with hazel eyes, lazed with worry.

"What's in the bag?" Taylor asked, ignoring the girl's questions.

"All your clothes I've been stealing. I got them dry cleaned," Dianna answered, not looking away from the singer. "What happened? Why are you all wet?"

Taylor once again ignored Dianna's inquiries, instead breaking the eye contact and turning her attention to Meredith, lightly petting the cat. The actress stayed in the same position for a minute before standing up. "You don't want to talk about it. I get it. But we are getting you out of these clothes before you get sick."

Dianna reached for the girl's hands pulling her up and dragging her up the stairs. Taylor didn't protest, allowing Dianna to guide her. Once inside the singer's room the actress starting helping Taylor out of clothes, struggling a bit as the fabric clung to the singer's body. After a few minutes Taylor stood completely naked in front of Dianna, still too caught up in her own mind to care. The actress momentary disappeared into Taylor's closet before reappearing with a baggy shirt and underwear on hand.

"Put these on." Taylor did as she was told, her movement almost robotic as she did. Meanwhile Dianna started to pull the bed covers back before she motioned for Taylor to lay down, once again the singer did as she was told. The actress quickly tucked her in before making her way around the bed to climb in herself, pulling Taylor towards her as she did.

As the singer felt Dianna's arm wrap around her everything became too real, the day's events came crashing down on her and before she could stop herself she started sobbing, gasping for air as if her lungs were filled with water. Karlie's words suddenly made sense. I was a mistake. She doesn't feel the same way, I meant nothing. Every piece of her was falling apart.

Through it all, the girl next to her kept a strong grip, murmuring words of comfort every so often. At that moment she was the only thing keeping the younger girl from losing herself.

Dianna's arms around Taylor felt like a promise, a promise to put the blue eyed girl back together. No matter what.

N/A: Might update later tonight, not sure yet. Xx.