Settling

When Taylor woke up she wasn't in the actress's arms anymore, she instinctively reached for her but she wasn't there. Taylor quickly sat up, panic setting in. What if Dianna left? She said her flight would leave today. The looked at the clock on her bedside table, it was 10:37 PM; Dianna's flight left at 7. No, this couldn't be happening. Taylor didn't want to be alone right now, she needed the actress.

She swiftly got out of bed in search for her phone, when she didn't find it in her room she decided to go downstairs. Meredith quickly got up from the bed and followed the singer. Taylor couldn't help but smile at her cat, "So me being sad, huh? That's what it takes for you to love me." On cue, the cat meowed back and continued to follow her owner down the stairs.

As soon as the singer reached the first floor of her apartment the smell of food filled her nostrils. She didn't leave. Taylor hurried towards the kitchen and sure enough, there was Dianna standing by the stove, her back to the singer. Without thinking twice about it, Taylor made her way towards the actress and hugged her from behind. Dianna jumped from surprised but quickly relaxed under the singer's touch. "Hey sleepy head."

"Hey," Taylor said quietly, greatly enjoying the fact that she was still there, that she hadn't left. "Aren't you supposed to be in a plane right now?" Taylor finally released her hold on the actress, instead leaning against the counter so she was facing Dianna.

The actress let out a small laugh, "Is that you're way of kicking me out?"

Taylor blushed, which only made Dianna laugh more, "No, no! I was just... You know... Like-"

"Easy there Taylor, don't want you bursting a vein." I small smile plastered in the actress's face. "If you must know, my flight got delayed because of the weather."

"Oh." She's still leaving.

Dianna noticed the singer's sudden change in mood, "What's the matter?" She was now studying the singer's face, looking for any clue as to what was wrong.

"Nothing," Taylor answered defensibly, "Sorry about today." She couldn't allow herself to become attached to the actress if she was leaving soon, she had already seen too much.

"Hey don't do that." Dianna said, turning off the stove so she could focus her attention on Taylor.

"Do what?"

"Become all closed off all of the sudden," Dianna was now standing in front of the singer. "Tell me what's wrong."

"Why should I? You're leaving soon anyways." That seemed to be all Dianna needed to understand. The actress reached for Taylor pulling her into a hug.

"I have the next week off, I don't need to be in LA right now." Taylor quickly understood what the actress was implying and welcomed her hug, suddenly more relaxed.

They stood there, in each other's arms for a few minutes before Dianna pulled away, saying she needed to finish making dinner. As Dianna cooked Taylor started to set the table.

Over their meal they chatted easily about mundane topics, neither bringing up Taylor's earlier meltdown. However, as they both sat down in front of the television, a glass of wine in hand, Dianna brought up the topic. "So what happened?"

Taylor stayed silent for a minute before deciding to open up to Dianna. "Karlie."

Her answer was concise, but that seemed to be enough for the actress.

"Oh."
"Yep," Taylor said, looking at her wine glass, "We kissed. I mean not today but, we kissed. And today I ran into her and tried talking about it but, she wouldn't have it. She said it was a mistake. She loves her boyfriend." As the singer rambled on her voiced become smaller with every word, she could already feel the tears forming in her eyes. She quickly wiped them away before they fell she didn't want cry anymore.