Chapter 20

Author's Note:

Just a reminder that I think I will be finishing up this book. Sorry I have not updated in a long time. There will be about 2 to 3 chapters to come. Thank you for all your support. xx

- Anna

-

-

-

Ethan's POV

It's around midday now and I can't get to Zoe. I've been calling for about the past 2 hours but she isn't picking up. I could try for the 4th time now, but I decide to call Kathreen (Zoe's mum) instead. 

She picks up on the second ring.

"Hi, Ethan, is something wrong?"

"Not really, I was just calling to see if you're home or if you know where Zoe is at the moment."

"I'm at work and Zoe should be at home right now."

"I don't think it's much of a problem but Zoe hasn't been answering her phone for the past 2 hours."

"I hope it's nothing but do you mind going over and seeing if she's alright?" Katherine said, sounding quite worried.

"Yes of course. I'll go right now."

"Thank you so much. And give me a call once you're over there?"

"Sure."

-5 minutes later-

I turned the last left into the driveway. I walked up to the front door and after knocking for 2 minutes, I tried turning the handle. Surprisingly, the door was open.

I stepped through the doorway and called out Zoe's name. No reply. I run up the stairs to Zoe's room and see her lying on her bed in an awkward position. 

I immediately rush to the bedside, shaking her arm. "Zoe! Zoe, can you hear me?" There was not one bit of evidence of her responding. She's out cold.

I first call for an ambulance, their dial Kathreen's number.

"Is she okay?" 

"I don't know, she's passed out I think. I've called for an ambulance, they should be here soon," I reply, grimly.

"Oh good. I'm heading for the hospital now, I'll see you there?"

"Yep, see you there."

The ambulance doesn't take long to arrive. They came into the house with a stretcher and got Zoe into the ambulance quickly. 

-

-

-

Alysha's POV

-10 minutes later- 

"How is she looking, Alysha?"

"I can't be sure yet, but this definitely does not look good," I reply.

"Do you know when she will wake up?"

"That too, I am not entirely sure. But I know that if she doesn't wake up by the end of the day, we will have some worrying to do." I say, looking at Zoe's peaceful body, lying on the bed.

Suddenly, Kathreen bursts in the door.

"Alysha, Ethan, hi," she says, breathing heavily.

"Hello, Kathreen," I reply.

"What's wrong with her?"Kathreen says, frantically.

"We are not sure at this stage, but if she doesn't wake up by the end of today, we will have to run a few tests."

-

-

-

Ethan's POV

I sit in the chair beside Zoe's bed. Kathreen sits opposite the bed, reading a magazine.

It's been 4 hours since Zoe arrived here and there have been no signs of movement. She's been out for 6 hours now.

In the corner of my eye, I see her finger twitch. I immediately whip my head to the side and yell to Kathreen, "she's moving!"

Kathreen rushes to the bedside and smiles.

We watch as Zoe slowly wakes up.

"Where am I?" she asks, looking around in confusion.

"In the hospital, honey," Kathreen replied.

"Why? What happened?"

"You passed out for 6 hours," I tell her gently.

"Seriously? For that long?"

"Yes, you'll have to stay here for another day or two incase you faint again."

"Great, I'm celebrating," she replies, sarcastically.

"You rest well, Zoe. We'll see you in the morning." Kathreen says.

"Bye, Zo" I smile and wave.

She gives a tired smile and waves to the both of us.