Chapter 2

Ethan's POV

I get up early to get ready and then walk to Claudia's place as soon as I can. I get to her home five minutes early to see that she is already outside and waiting for me.

"What on the planet took you so long? I have been standing here IN THE COLD for the past 20 minutes WAITING." Claudia glares at me.

"Err you said that it was 8:15.." I reply slowly.

"NO YOU IDIOT I SAID 7:45 NOT 8:15." She screams back in my face.

I turn my head around and roll my eyes. Uh. She thinks she's never wrong.

"I saw that Ethan. Next time do not keep me waiting." she says through narrowed eyes.

I hope there won't be a next time.

-

-

-

Zoes's POV

I get to school in the morning to see Claudia and Ethan walking through the gate.

I sigh.

Why Claudia?

The two split in opposite directions and Claudia starts making her way in my direction. Great. I pretend not to notice and continue walking. Until Claudia suddenly steps in front of my pathway and knocks me over.

She gives me a dirty look and says, "go get your eyes checked."

"Watch where you're going," I suddenly blurt out. Oops.

"The only thing I'll be watching is you."

-

-

-

Ethan's POV

The classes pass slowly I thought the bell would never go for lunch break when RING RING - it went. I rushed to pack up my books and dashed out of the classroom to the cafeteria. I spotted Zoe sitting by herself in the corner. I grabbed my lunch and walked towards her table.

"Mind if I sit with you for a while?" I ask her.

"Um. Yeah sure." She replied hesitantly with a confused look in her eye.

"Zoe, right?"

"Yeah."

"So Zoe, tell me a bit about yourself."

"I am not a really interesting person to be honest."

"Come on, you are so more interesting than me!"

"As if," she starts to smile.

"Please tell me a bit. Please."

"Fine. My name is Zoe Lancaster. I moved here from Melbourne. I have a dog named Snowy, she's a husky. Umm.. my favourite colour is blue and I like ice-cream. My favourite tv shows are Supernatural and The Originals. My favourite books are the maze runner trilogy and I enjoy sleeping. Is that enough?"

I laugh and tell her, "you are quite an interesting person, Zoe, stop lying to yourself."

She laughs too and grins.

"Now you have to tell me a bit about you." She tells me.

"Fine. My name is Ethan Karpathy. I moved here from Geelong last year. I have a sister and cat. I like to sing and I like frogs."

"You like frogs??"

"Yeah. That was random."

"Very random indeed."

"I'm sorry that I haven't gained enough confidence to ask you this before - but if you like you can sit with me until you find some friends." I tell her.

"Really? That would be great! Thank you!" Zoe replied to me and during that moment, her face lit up and she looked so much like an angel.

I smiled proudly and led the way to the table where my friends and I sat.

-

-

-

Zoe's POV

I followed Ethan to his table and sat down next to him.

"You didn't have to do this. But thank you so much!" I exclaim.

"Don't thank me, I remember being the new kid. It sucks, especially if you don't have anyone to talk to."

"Well thanks anyways."

I felt as if I was glowing with happiness.

I was no longer an invisible nobody.

Thank you, thank you so much Ethan.

-

-

-

Author's Note:

i l o v e y o u a l l s o m u c h

sorry for such a short chapter.

thank you

x x

-a