Chapter 1

Author's Note:

Hey guys! My name's Anna and I shall attempt to write my first book. ;)

Yay ♡

(Beware it might suck)

xx

-

-

-

Zoe's POV

My name is Zoe - Zoe Lanchester. I have moved from Melbourne to Sydney recently and I guess I just don't fit in with these people. I'm 15 years old and am attending Year 9 at a random secondary school. It was already half way through the school year when I first arrived. Yes, very convenient. Want to know a fact about me? Let me tell you - I fell in love with my next door neighbour.

His name is Ethan. Ethan Karpathy.

I didn't want to fall in love, not at all, but then at this one point he smiled and I just totally lost my balance on my tightrope. But of all the amazing people in the world, of all the stars shining so brightly at me, somehow he was the one that caught my eye.

I love everything about him. But, the problem is he doesn't love me.

He loves Claudia Evans - who is Miss Popular at school. Everyone knows her name, whether they are juniors or seniors. Everyone wants to be her friend, despite her bitchy attitude toward everyone and everything. No doubt will they all remember her, even until they are retired and hobble around on walking sticks.

I guess that's the problem about being new - you can't choose your friends, your friends choose you. And sometimes nobody chooses you. That's the problem with me.

"Zoe! Breakfast is ready," my mum shouts from downstairs.

"Be down in a second!" I yell back.

I quickly jump up, throw on a hoodie and some jeans, then run downstairs.

-

-

-

Ethan's POV

Claudia🌸

hey eth

-

Ethan🐳

hi

-

Claudia🌸

meet me @ my place 8:15 4 school?

-

Ethan🐳

sure thing

-

Claudia🌸

ok c u then

-

I turn off my phone and walk out of the house onto the decking.

I see the new girl, Zoe sitting on the lawn next door with her dog.

Her hair is a dark shade of blonde. It flows in waves, adorning her glowing, porcelain-like skin. Her eyes, framed by long lashes were a beautiful, sky-blue and seemed to brighten up the world. A straight nose, rosy cheeks and full red lips.

I can't help but think how beautiful she was.

-

-

-

Zoe's POV

I walk outside with a mug of hot chocolate and my dog, Snowy. "I wish someone would be kind to me, Snowy," I tell my dog. Who else can I talk to?

Everytime I look at her it brings back memories from when I first got her.

My whole family apart from Dad wanted to get a dog.

Something to 'brighten' up the family, my mum would say.

- three years ago -

Dad just left on a business trip last night. Mum, my older brother and I decide that we will go around to the local breeders to look for a dog suitable for us.

As soon as I entered the property, I saw a white coated husky pup. She was absolutely gorgeous and I knew immediately, that she was the one.

"I wish the world would be fair to everyone."

I knew inside that she understood every word I said.

I knew she understood what I felt.

"When she was just a pup, she was that tiny, ugly, rejected puppy. Her mother always threw her around, a disgrace in her eyes," the breeder told us.

"Little did any of her doggy family know that she would grow up to be the most beautiful and majestic dog I have ever seen." She laughs. "I wish I could keep her, but this place will soon overflow with dogs."

I catch slight movement on my left side and turn my head to see Ethan staring at me.

I immediately duck my head, my cheeks flushing.

-

-

-

Author's Note:

thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed

:)

I'm @ethankarparthyofficial on ig by the way xox (check the way it's spelt okay)

-anna