Chapter 9

Zoe's POV

They kept me there in the hospital overnight where they would continue scans the next day.

"Good morning Zoe, how are you feeling today?" Alysha asked.

"Kind of weird, I guess." I replied.

"Don't you worry, sweetie. You will be absolutely fine!"

It is nice to have Alysha as a nurse. She's so positive - I guess I need that for the days to come.

-

-

-

Ethan's POV

I wake up the next morning feeling anxious.

I pick up my phone from my bedside table and call Zoe. She picks up on the first ring.

"Hey Ethan," she greets me.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"You know, a little strange."

"Me too." I admit.

"Will you come visit me?" she asks quietly.

"Of course, when?"

"Anytime. Now would be great."

-

-

-

Zoe's POV

I stare at the plain white wall infront of me. The television plays quietly in one corner. Next to the bed is a bedside table, on it a vase full of flowers. Chairs are scattered around the empty room. On my right is a pair of swinging doors, to prevent slamming. In there is a shower and toilet.

The sound of muffled voices and shuffling feet drifted into the room, from the gaps underneath the doors.

Staring out of the window, looking down at the hospital grounds below, I suddenly feel stranded and alone. People walk by occasionally, sometimes hurriedly, sometimes strolling. I wish I could be down there with them. But no matter what is going to happen to me, I am ready to fight my battle and I always will be.

-

-

-

Ethan's POV

I walk hurriedly into the lift and slam my finger into the number '13'. The lift takes for what seems like hours to floor 13.

*bing*

The elevator opens and I rush out. Floor 13, room 24.

I find room 24 and knock on the door.

"Come in!" a familiar voice answered.

I push gently on the door and it opens to reveal a simple white room. Zoe is sitting in the bed on the right hand side of the room.

-

-

-

Zoe's POV

"You came," I say.

"Of course," he replies smiling that priceless smile of his.

"I'm getting chemo this afternoon."

"Don't you worry, you'll be fine."

"I hope so."

"You know so."

-

-

-

Author's Note:

I hardly have time to update. oops