Chapter 4

Ethan's POV

I get to school the next day, feeling frustrated.

Claudia comes bouncing up to me with a huge grin on her face.

"How's Zoe? Is she alright? I heard she hit her head on something hard." she asked a little too cheerfully.

"Don't ask me that. You know yourself." I reply coldly.

"What? I don't know anything." she told me with a frown.

"Stop playing stupid. You know everything. You slammed Zoe's face into her locker and her forehead got cut open by her locker shelf." I yell in her face.

"How did you know?" she whimpered slightly.

"How am I not supposed to know? What else would your little pleased face be showing other than 'yay I hurt Zoe now she is gone'. Why did you do that Claudia? What were you bloody thinking? Zoe suffered severe blood loss - they couldn't even stop the blood from flowing! She also needed to get stitches! Why are you so stupid? Get lost Claudia I never want to see you again."

"Um so are you breaking up with me?" she asked slowly.

"Yes I am breaking up with Claudia Evans, the selfish heartless girl that I was stupid enough date." I yell.

With that, I spun around and walked off.

-

-

-

Zoe's POV

I wake up in an unfamiliar room. A nurse walks up to me and says, "Oh, good you're awake. I just wanted to tell you that your forehead should be fine, the stitches should not leave a scar, so don't worry."

"Thank you." I tell her, as I realise where I am and why.

"Would you like for me to let your family to see you?"

"Yes please!" I say.

My parents come rushing in and embrace me warmly.

"Oh, Zoe, we were so worried about you." my mum told me.

"No, it's fine mum, I'll be more careful next time when someone creeps up behind me." I tell them.

"What do you mean someone creeps up behind you?" my dad asked me.

"Err... nothing." I say quickly.

"Honey, you can trust us with anything. " my mum tells me.

"Alright." I sigh, "Well, this boy named Ethan he invited me to his table the day before yesterday and his girlfriend didn't look too happy about it. She looked so angry that I swear she was going to do something about it and look this is what happened."

"That is disgraceful! We must tell the school about this. What is the girl's name?" my dad asked.

"No, I'm fine dad."

"She could do something worse next time and look how bad this one is." my mum says.

"Fine," I say, giving up, "Her name is Claudia Evans."

-

-

-

Author's Note:

thank you all so much!

my karpathian instagram account is @ethankarparthyofficial :)

-anna xox