Chapter 3

Claudia's POV

I stomp into the cafeteria. Great. Soggy cheese, lettuce and ham sandwiches for lunch.

I snatch my meal up and quickly scan the room for my friends and Ethan.

I spot them in the corner, but there was an extra person, a blond. EW. Was that Zoe? What the actual hell was she doing here.

-

-

-

Ethan's POV

I see Claudia, clearly unhappy that Zoe was at our table. She glares at me with those fierce green eyes of hers. Great, this is definitely not going to end well.

Claudia looked at Zoe, then collided her lips with mine, still staring into Zoe's eyes.

I did not even try to return the kiss.

Then she pulled away and looked straight in my eyes.

"What is this, Ethan?" she snapped, squinting at Zoe.

"Well Zoe looked like she could do with some company." I replied calmly.

"Since when did you care about others?" she yelled back.

"Since I decided that I wanted to be nice unlike anyone else here." I let the words slip from my mouth.

"How..You..Grrrr.." she spluttered.

"I'm still watching you," she adds, directly at Zoe.

Claudia, making a huge fuss stomped away from the table.

-

-

-

Claudia's POV

That Zoe is going to pay for this. She'd better watch out.

-

The Next Day

-

Zoe's POV

I walk to school happy for once. I swear there was a slight bounce in my steps as I walked towards the locker room.

I dropped my bag once I reacher my locker and spin in the lock code.

Suddenly, there were a few quick footsteps behind me and my face comes in contact with my locker shelf.

"Stay. Away. From. Him." I hear someone hiss into my ear.

All I can feel is intense pain on my forehead. I don't even realise falling to the ground.

I feel my face for any damage. It is wet and sticky.

I tune out of all the sounds around and listen to the blood pumping in my ear. Everything starts going fuzzy and I sigh, blacking out.

-

-

-

Ethan's POV

I see Claudia dash out of the building with a pleased look on her face. I continue down the corridor and see someone lying on the ground, blood dripping onto the floor of the locker room. The locker above her was swung wide open, the bottom shelf stained with a small amount of blood.

The familiar blond hair told me one thing - the girl was Zoe.

Holy.

I remember Claudia's face as she ran out of this building. She must have done that. I run to Zoe and kneel down next to her. On her forehead is a deep cut,

I lift her up and sprint for the first aid room.

"That looks pretty nasty, I think we should send her to the hospital for them to check out." The nurse said.

Useless school nurses.

She then called an ambulance and we waited at the school front gate, the nurse trying hopelessly to stop the cut from bleeding.

"How did this happen?" she asks.

"Someone pushed her face first into her locker." I reply, anger starting to build up in me.

-

-

-

Author's Note:

thank you for reading x

-anna