Chapter 6

Zoe's POV

My phone buzzes at 11 in the morning.

-

Ethan🐳

hi

-

Zoe❄️

heyy

-

Ethan🐳

what's up?

-

Zoe❄️

nothing really

-

Ethan🐳

party tonight at max's. wanna come? can get a lift if my mum if you can come?

-

Zoe❄️

sure, will be right there xx

-

Ethan🐳

see you soon 💕

-

I quickly get ready and yell to my mum as I walk out the door, "Mum! I'm going to Ethan's, there's a party at Max's will be back soon."

"Have fun, darling. Glad you're enjoying school now."

-

-

-

Ethan's POV

I look out of the window to see Zoe walking up the driveway. Wow. She's fast. I rush downstairs just in time as the doorbell rings. I open up the door and invite her inside.

"My mum will be down soon. Just give her a minute."

"Sure."

Mum shows up with her keys and we head out to the garage.

"What do people do at these parties?" Zoe asks me.

"Just loud music, talking, food. Nothing illegal." I laugh.

We get there in a few minutes. Max stands out the front and waves at us. I can hear the music from the front yard. Guess I have to prepare to have my ears blasted off.

Inside, a handful of people are dancing. Many are hanging around the food tables, some are sitting on the ground against the walls. I recognise all the people from our year level at school.

We hang around, eat and talk with our friends. But I can tell she's not having fun.

"I don't think I find it comforting here where Claudia is giving me the death glare 24/7." Zoe tells me.

"Let's get out of here." I suggest.

"Sounds like a plan."

We walk back to my place and I show her around the house and take her to the backyard.

We sit underneath the tree, leaning against each other.

I hear her whisper to me, "I love you too."

She heard me at school.

I suddenly feel whole inside.

She loves me.

-

-

-

Author's Note:

BUT BUT WHY ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER A LONGER ONE IS COMING I PROMISE

XXXXX I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH

-Anna