2

"Shit! I'm late." Katherine mumbled as she scrambled out of her bed. She mentally cursed her friends for dragging her to the club last night . And now because of them she's half an hour late for her meeting.

She took a quick shower and got dressed in a tight black pencil skirt, that reached her mid thigh. And a white see through blouse she paired it with her six inch stilettos that showed off her sexy long legs.

She rushed out of the house not bothering to bid goodbyes to her parents. Right now she had to be in her office or else she's screwed.

Her chauffeur Hunter's eyes went wide when he saw her running towards him. "You are late." he scolded her playfully.

"I know, now hurry before dad finds out." she replied making him chuckle.

"He must have already found out by now."

"Let's hope for the best." she sighed.

***

"Sorry I'm late..." she declared as she entered the boardroom. She could hear gasps from the men making her smirk.

"Adriana?" she heard someone call out from the other side of the room. And turned immediately towards the source.

Her eyes met with the most beautiful pair of grey eyes. To say he was handsome would be an understatement. His high cheek bone and stern features made him look like a male model.

His perfectly tailored suit fitted his god like features perfectly making him look like a Greek God. She was very sure that inside that suit there was a six pack hidden.

She stood there paralysed staring at the gorgeous man, with her jaw hanging wide open. She watched him as he got up from his chair and walked towards her. She was mesmerised by his height.

She was brought out of her thoughts when he suddenly crashed his lips on her's. She could feel sparks erupt through her veins. She could hear gasps from people around her, and it was then realisation hit her.

She was standing in a boardroom, kissing a stranger. She immediately pulled back making Ashton almost loose his balance.

Ashton's eyes went wide when Adriana pulled back from him. He was about to pull her back when she suddenly surprised him by slapping him right on his face.

"How dare you!" she demanded. Ashton just couldn't believe that his Adriana had just slapped him.

"Adriana, Adriana I just can't believe you are here. In front of me. Am I dreaming? Please god let this not be one of those dreams again." he started speaking nonsense. Katherine didn't know whether it was the reference to this Adriana girl bothered her or his out burst because she immediately pushed him away from her.

"Look mister I don't know what are you talking about, or who this Adriana girl is. But it's definitely not me." she snapped at him.

"My name is Katherine and not Adriana." she clarified.

Ashton blinked several times with a hope that the person in front of him would just fade away. But to his disappointment she didn't. ' God She can't be real' he thought to himself.

"Ashton, I guess we should start the meeting." Jason interrupted them.

Katherine's eyes went wide, when she heard his name. Did she just kiss Ashton Wallworks? She wondered.

***

Through out the meeting, she could feel his intense gaze on her. And she just wanted to disappear. 'God! What was his problem?' she wondered.

The moment the meeting ended Ashton almost ran out of the room. Ignoring the stares he received. He knew if he would stay any minute longer he would do something even worse.

Throughout the meeting she had avoided his gaze. He could see the difference in her. The woman in front of him was different. So different from his Adriana. And still so much like her.

Jason had tried to convince him that she wasn't Adriana. He had told him that she's Katherine and she was the heiress of the Mickelson group of industries. The only daughter of Nicklaus Mikaelson.

She looked so much like his Adriana, and still so different from her. This woman looked more confident and witty than his shy and silent Adriana.

And the way she had dressed, his Adriana would never dream of wearing something like that. And her blood red lips gave her a dangerous aura. A typical Mickelson look.

Then why does she look like her? Why does she speak like her? And why did he feel the sparks when they kissed? He needed answers and soon.