3

Ashton threw away the file in frustration. All his efforts to prove that Katherine Mickelson was his Adriana had failed.

He had done a background check on this mysterious heiress. But didn't find anything that could satisfy him.

"Holy shit." Jason cursed under his breath as he watched his friend thrashing his office.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he demanded.

He picked up the pink file from the floor and started flipping through the pages and sighed. This was expected.

"Look Ashton, I know you love Adriana. But you have to move on. She's gone, she's not going to come back. And Katherine Mickelson is definitely not our Adriana." Ashton glared at him.

"She is my Adriana. I know it and I'm going to prove it." He snapped at him.

"I know Ashton , she looks exactly like Adriana. But she's definitely not her. She's is everything that Adriana is not."

"I know she's different from my Adriana. But my heart is not ready to believe. And you remember what Adriana always said? Believe what your heart says." he replied with a hopeful smile.

Jason knew it was useless arguing with his friend right now. But he had no other choice, this time he's messing with Nicklaus Mickelson.

***

"Why didn't you inform me that Ashton Wallworks was going to attend the meeting?" Nicklaus growled at his wife. His body shaking in anger.

"Nick, you need to calm down." Ali tried to calm him down . But instead this made him more angry.

"Calm down? Do you know how hard I try to keep that son of a bitch away from my baby? And you send her straight to him?" he demanded making her to flinch.

"I am sorry Nick, but our sources had informed us that Ashton would be flying to Asia-" But she was cut off in the middle.

"Then change your sources. I don't want that man anywhere near Katherine." he yelled at her.

"This will not happen again Nick. I promise." She tried to assure him, but she knew it was a waste.

"I don't want Katherine to handling this project." he declared.

"But what are we going to tell her Nick?" she whispered.

"I don't care. I want her out of this project. That's it." she nodded. How did she ever love this man? She always wondered.

"And make sure that Ashton stays away from her." he commanded.

"But what if..?" she started but he cut her off in the middle.

"I didn't want Katherine to know anything about this.  Am I clear?" he growled grabbing her by her hair. Making her whimper in pain.

"Katherine should not find out anything about this. I'm I clear?" he growled as he let her go.

"What shouldn't I find out?" Katherine demanded as she entered her father's study with hands on her hips.

Nicklaus turned to face his beautiful daughter and his eyes softened. He gave her a warm smile.

"We were actually planning a surprise for your birthday. But now since you have already heard us, we have to cancel our plans." he skillfully changed the topic. Ali watched the drastic change in her husband's behaviour.

Katherine could sense the tension in the air but she didn't bother. For some reason she felt her dad was lying to her. But again, why would he? She simply shooed the thought out of her head.

"Ah,Nathan had called this morning." he started and Katherine frowned.

"And he was wondering if he could take you to the carnival this evening." he smirked at his daughter.

"And I guess you told him a yes." she frowned. Making him chuckle.

"Come on princess, he's not that bad." . She rolled her eyes.

"And you love carnivals. Don't you? I remember how much you loved to go to carnivals as a kid." she gave him a sad smile.

"I wish I could remember." she replied as she stressed on her mind trying very hard to remember. But suddenly her head started to throb and she held her head hoping the pain would ease.

Ali immediately got up from her chair and cupped her baby's face. "Are you ok baby?" she asked as she helped her to sit down.

"I think she's getting a migraine again." she informed her husband. And he nodded knowing what she implied.

"How many times should I warn you not to stress about the past?" She scolded her daughter.

"Why can't I remember anything mom?" She whispered.

"It's ok baby." she cooed her.

"I think you should go to your room and rest. I will inform Nathan that you are unwell and you can't go out with him tonight." he kissed her cheeks.

"Ali take Katherine to her room and make sure she takes her medicine." he stressed a little bit more on the last part of his sentence. She nodded.

Katherine watched her mother exit her room and sighed. Her head had stopped throbbing, most probably due to the medicines. But she didn't care, she was glad that she didn't have to go out with Nathan.