9

"Katherine, I guess it's better we leave." Nathan declared as he got out of his chair. There was no way he's going to waste time with this jerk.

"Jealous are we?" Ashton smirked making him glare at him.

"Why should we leave Nathan? When the only person who deserves to leave is him." Katherine hissed.

"Ouch! That was rude my love." he replied with fake hurt.

"Don't call me that." she snapped at him.

"Yes I will my love." he coolly replied still smirking at her.

"You're impossible." she sighed.

Ashton watched her as she continued to ignore him by making small conversation with Nathan. He knew what he was doing was childish, but he didn't care. As far as it's keeping her away from that Mutt it was alright.

A loud ringing of the phone finally brought then out of the the uncomfortable silence. Nathan glanced at the ID and groaned inwardly.

"I need to answer this. Please excuse me." he didn't wait for her reply as he walked away from their table once again leaving her at the mercy of Ashton Wallworks.

Katherine tried to concentrate on her food completely ignoring his intence gaze. She didn't want to waste her time and energy fighting this man.

"Such a gentleman." Ashton commented with sarcasm. She just ignored him.

Katherine pulled out her phone and texted Hunter to pick her up. She glanced at her watch and sighed. It's just been an hour and yet she felt so tiered.

"Katherine I want to apologise for yesterday." he started but he was cut off in the middle when Nathan joined them back.

"Sorry about that. It was an important call." Nathan apologised as he reclaimed his seat.

"It's alright Hyde we didn't miss you anyways. Did we my love?" Ashton raised an eyebrow.

"Don't call me that." she hissed making him chuckle. She glared at him,

If looks could kill, he would be six feet below the ground this moment.

Katherine's face lit up when she heard the loud honking sound and her phone buzzed showing Hunter's text informing her that he had reached.

"Sorry Nathan, I guess I should leave." she apologised as she got out of her seat.

"I can drop you." he offered but she shook her head.

"It's alright Nathan. Hunter is already here." with that she walked out without sparing a second glance at both the men.

"What the hell is your problem Ashton?" Nathan yelled as he got out of his chair.

"My problem? You are my problem." Ashton snapped at him.

"Why can't you just stay out of my life?"

"Because you just can't stop hitting on my wife."

"Your wife Ashton?" Nathan chuckled humourlessly.

"Adriana is dead Ashton. And you can't just go around claiming any girl as your wife."

"I'm claiming what's rightfully mine."

"Just because I let you have Adriana. Doesn't mean I will let you take Katherine away from me."

"Adriana was never yours Nathan." Ashton growled.

"She would have been. If you wouldn't have come in between."

"She loved me."

"Exactly, that's what the problem was Ashton. She loved you and not me."

"And what would have she achieved by loving you?"

"At least she would have been alive." Nathan stated icily. Ashton didn't speak a word. He knew what Nathan just told was true.

"What? Cat caught your tongue?" he smirked at him.

"You know what Ashton? You never deserved her. She deserved someone better. Someone like me."

"What makes you think you are better than me?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I would have treated her the way she deserved to be treated. Like a princess. Unlike you, who treated her like crap."

Ashton felt a sting of pain in his heart. The guilt which had been haunting him was back. He wanted to snap at this bastard but he knew more or less what he told was true.

"I guess I'm done here." he mumbled as he got out of his chair. And started walking towards the door.

"What happened Ashton Wallworks? Gave up already?" Nathan smirked making Ashton glare at him.

"I wish Adriana would have given up on you. She was an idiot to believe that a man like you was capable of commitment."

Ashton stalked towards him with a blank expression. Even before he realise what exactly he was doing, his fist came in contact with Nathan's jaw.

"What the hell?" Nathan groaned in pain.

"Listen to me Hyde and listen carefully. Don't ever take my Adriana's name in your filthy mouth."

"What the hell is going on here?" Saraha interrupted them with a stern expression on her face.

"If you boys want to fight the door is that way?" she pointed towards the door and Ashton didn't waste time. He stormed out of the place.