7

Katherine woke up in the morning with a wide smile on her face. She glanced at the clock on the bed side table.

6:00 am

She was up pretty early. This was unusual for her. She was never a morning person and was never out of bed before 8.

But today something was seriously wrong with her. She was up almost two hours early.

She put away the covers and hopped out of her queen sized canopy bed. And took her time to walk to her bathroom.

She took a long and refreshing shower. And wrapped herself in a fluffy pink towel. And walked out of the bathroom.

She took her time in pampering herself with her favourite body lotion. And made her way towards her enormous walk in closet.

"He's not what you think he is Katherine."

"He's not a prince charming."

"He's a casanova, a player. And he'd do anything to get a woman in his bed."

She recollected her dad's words from his last night's lecture. She frowned at the thought.

She quickly shooed the thought out of her head. And tried to focus on something else. And her thoughts immediately drifted off to the kiss she shared last night.

She gently touched her full pink lips. And a blush creapt up her cheeks. As she remembered how his lips had claimed her's. It had felt so right, as if they were met to be.

She got dressed in one of her favourite jeans and a white blouse. Since it was Friday she decided to wear something a bit casual.

She pulled her hair into a high ponytail and did her makeup professionally. Which looked more natural than caked up.

She glanced at her reflection and a satisfactory smile appeared on her face. She wore her favourite red pumps, grabbed her purse and walked out of her room.

"You look beautiful honey."

"Thanks Mom."

Ali watched her daughter as she flopped on the couch opposite to her. She couldn't help but smile at her daughter.

After last night she had expected her to be in a bad mood like her father. But she was amused how happy she looked. As if nothing had happened.

"Where's Dad?"

"He had an early meeting dear." Ali replied. Katherine glanced at her watch and slowly got on her feet.

"I guess I better get goin, bye Mom" she kissed Ali's cheek and walked out of the house.

***

Ashton leaned back on his chair and watched Jason as he continued to rant about some project they were handling. He glanced at his watch and groaned in frustration.

'one hour more.'

He was looking forward for his meeting with Katherine. Her name brought a smile on his face. He could remember the kiss they had shared last night.

He had felt the sparks. The sparks he always felt when he kissed his Adriana. And he was very sure that she felt it too.

"Are you still with me?" he was abruptly brought out of his thoughts.

"Sorry, I was just..."

"So you didn't hear a word I spoke?" Jason yelled in disbelief.

"Stop acting like a girl Jason." Jason shot him a death glare.

"I'm not acting like a girl." Ashton just rolled his eyes.

Jason was about to snap at his best friend but, he stopped when the office door was burst open and a scantily dressed Rita walked in.

Jason's jaw dropped to the ground as he watched her walk towards them. She give him a fake smile and shifted her attention to Ashton.

"I have to check a few mails. I will see you later Ashton." Jason gave him a apologetic smile and stormed out of the room.

Ashton wanted to grab hold of him and beat the shit out of him. That guy had ditched him again. Leaving him all by himself with the Queen Bitch.

Rita noticed the annoying look on his face and smirked in delight. Ashton cleared his throat in annoyance, making her smirk go wide.

"Missed me baby." She purred as she stalked towards him with a seductive smile on her face.

"What do you want Rita?" he growled making her chuckle.

"Come on Ashton, I know you missed me too." she replied making him frown.

And then she did something which he had not expected. She crashed her lips on his, disgusting him. god! How much he loathed her.

But it didn't last long as the door to his office was swung open one more time and Katherine walked in with a wide smile on her face.

But it was immediately wiped out when she saw the scene in front of her. Ashton felt a lump in his throat. The history was repeating itself.

But this time she didn't run. She stood there with a blank expression on her face. He heard Rita gasp as she saw a very alive looking Adriana standing right in front of them.

"Adriana," She gasped. But they ignored her.

"It's not what you think it looked like." he tried to explain himself. But she didn't respond.

"Well, Mr Wallworks. It looks like we have to cancel the meeting as I can see you are preoccupied." she trailed off.

"I will reschedule this meeting. Good bye Mr Wallworks." with that she walked out of his office. Leaving him with the bitch who had once poisoned his married life.