22

Ashton sat on the floor with a bottle of Whiskey and glared at the wedding card in his hands. He gulped the entire liquid in the bottle and slammed it into the nearest wall.

No! This can't be happening. She can't marry that son of a bitch. He can't loose her again, she belonged to him and nobody else.

" Ashton are you alright? " Jason demanded as he walked into his office. he walked up to his friend and sat next to him.

" I think you should tell her the truth Ashton. " He stated as he watched his friend drown himself in alcohol.

" And she would believe me. " he replied sarcastically .

" Something is better than nothing. The wedding is tomorrow Ashton...We still have time . "

Ashton sighed. " I think you are right. " He pulled out his phone and dialed her number.

" Hello. " A sleepy voice was heard from the other end.

" Katherine please don't hang up. " he pleaded.

" What do you want Ashton? " she demanded.

" Give me one chance Katherine. "

" It's too late Ashton. Tomorrow is my wedding. "

" Can we meet please? " he asked hopefully.

" No "

" Katherine please just for five minutes . " He pleaded.

" Ok fine but just five minutes. "

" Thank you. Thank you so much. "

" Meet me at The bridge in twenty minutes. " And with that she hung up.

" So what did she say? " Jason asked curiously.

" She agreed. " Ashton replied as he got up on his feet and walked towards the door .

" Ashton wait . " Jason called out from behind making him turn around.

" All the best. " He wished him. Ashton gave him a small smile and walked away .

~~~

Ashton paced impatiently as he waited for Katherine . He could feel his heart pounding in his chest. He didn't know how is he going to tell her everything. Would she believe him ?

He was abruptly pulled out of his thoughts when a sleek silver porche pulled in front of him, and his Adriana got out of the driver's seat.

" I'm glad you came. " he stated as he walked up to her.

" What did you want to tell to me? " she asked curtly.

" I know Katherine what I'm going to tell you now would sound strange. "

" Cut the crap Ashton. Come straight to the point. "

He sighed. " You are not a replacement Katherine. You can never be because you are my Adriana. " Katherine's eyes went wide the moment the words slipped out of his mouth.

" Yes Katherine you are my Adriana. I know it sounds like bull shit but it is the truth. "

" Enough Ashton I don't have time for your lies."

" I'm not lying to you Katherine. The only person who has been lying to you all these years is your bastard of a father. "

" How dare you call my dad a bastard? " Katherine yelled in rage .

" Because he is one...He was the one who sent Rita to seduce me years ago. He was the one who made me cheat on you. He was the one who faked your death. He's the one who took you away and he's the one who....."

" Enough Ashton. I don't believe a single word you just said. And why should I believe you? You cheated on your wife and she died because of your own doings. And now you are blaming my father who has nothing to do with it? "

" Nicklaus is not what you think he is Katherine. He's a monster. He's a selfish and heartless man who abused his wife and forced her to run away with his new born baby. "

" Dad can never do something like that with her. They are such a perfect couple. "

" It's just a act Katherine. They are just faking it to make you believe that they are a happy family. "

" Why would they do that? "

" Because they want you to believe in their lie. "

" Listen to me Katherine. You are my Adriana...the love of my life. The only woman I ever loved and the only woman I want to spend my life with. "

" Can you prove anything that you said just now? "

" No..but I..."

" I guess I shouldn't have come here. " And with that she turned around and walked back to her car and sped off.

Ashton stood there watching the car fade away in the darkness. He had lost the one chance he had. And now it was all over.

Katherine drove at a breakneck spead as she tried to stop herself from thinking what happened back at the bridge. She shouldn't have agreed to meet him in the first place.

First he lies about her being Adriana. And then he blames her father for things which are not even related to him.

She knew her father had anger issues , but he would never hurt her mom. She pressed her foot on the accelerator . Critically increasing the spead of the car.

Her phone started ringing in the passenger seat and she immediately answered it knowing exactly who it is.

" Where are you Katherine? " Alison yelled from the other end.

" I'm on the way home Mom. Don't worry I'm fine. " She replied.

" What's wrong Katherine were you crying? " Alison asked immediately recognising the soreness in her daughter's voice.

" No mom I'm not. " She replied as he cradled her phone between her ear and her shoulder and controlled the steering wheel with both her hands.

" Don't lie Katherine. I'm your mom I know when my daughter is crying and when she not." She stated.

" I'm fine Mom. Why would I cry anyways ? " she replied as she wiped her tears with the back of her sleeve.

" Katherine honey I know... " the phone slipped from her grip before she could hear what her mother was saying.

" Crap" she mumbled and bent down to pick it up. And accidentally pressing her feet on the accelerator. And even before she realised the car was out of control.

She could hear her mom's faint voice asking what was wrong but she didn't have time to answer her.

The car skidded left and then towards the right. The car hit the nearest tree with a loud bang . The car bumped into the tree in full speed and rolled twice on the road.

Katherine could hear muffled voices shouting for help. She couldn't move a inch as her body was pressed against the weight of the car.

Warm liquid poured down her cheeks and her vision started to blur. She could feel her eye lids getting heavier and she let the darkness consume her.