EPILOGUE

8 YEARS LATER

" Alina...Go call Ashley. Let's have some ice cream. " Adriana told her four year old daughter.

" Okay mommy. " The little one replied and ran upstairs shouting her sisters name.

Adriana chuckled and shook her head as she watched her daughter run out of the kitchen. She grabbed the ice cream tub from the refrigerator and grabbed three bowls from the nearby drawer.

She heard the door bell ring and she immediately rushed to the door and opened it. " Hey." she greeted Ashton as she pecked his lips.

" Hi. " he replied with a sigh. Adriana gave him a concerned look. His eyes were puffy and he looked extremely tired.

" Are you alright Ash? " she asked what concern.

" I'm fine just a little exhausted. " he replied as he handed his briefcase to her.

" Where's Ashley? " he asked as he looked around for his seven year old daughter.

" In her room." She replied as she helped him out of his jacket.

" mommy mommy Ashley's sleeping. And look what I found. " Alina yelled as she ran towards her parents with a paper in her hand .

Adrianna took the paper from Alina , scanned it once and handed it over to Ashton. She sent Alina to go eat her ice cream and then go to sleep. Before going Alina kissed Ashton good night and gave him a tight hug.

Ashton read the letter in silence as guilt swept over him. It was a poem his Ashley had written for him. And she was supposed to read it at her annual day function.
His eyes filled with guilt for the disappointment he caused for his daughter. All this while Adrianna who was noticing him sensed guilt in his face.

" Why don't you get freshen up. While I go check on Alina? "

" Sounds good. Don't be too late. " He winked at her and walked upstairs.

While Adrianna returned back she saw Ashton leaning on the bed, shirtless only on his boxers . It's been 7years since they married, okay 8years,but there's no way she could deny that Ashton always looked amazing for her.

" Look Ashton... I know how your feeling right now but I'm sorry to say this, it was your fault . You promised her,and you couldn't keep it " she stated as she climbed into bed and cuddled with him.

"I know my love. It's totally my fault. I should have been there with her. It was her first annual day function, and she had put so much of effort in writing a poem for me. But I was helpless. All plans happened on a short notice. Even I was unaware of that , plus it was important for our company, so I couldn't deny it."Ashton said in a sad tone

Adrianna placed her hand upon his chest and said " She inherits your stubborness and attitude so I guess it might take time for her to calm down "

Ashton raised an eyebrow. " Was it a mock or a compliment my love? "

" Maybe both. " She replied as she pecked his lips.

" Ashton Alexander Wallworks, better get your lazy butt out of the bed. Remember we have to go to my parents place today? " Adriana yelled as she pulled the curtains wide open making him groan in frustration.

She flopped on the bed next to him and watched her love wake up. He pulled her into his chest and kissed her passionately. But the kiss didn't last long, as their little princess barged into the room.

"mommy daddy even I want a kiss" they both chuckled as pulled their little princess into a group hug and kissed her.

" I guess I better go check on Ashley. " Ashton stated as he got out of the bed.

" Don't worry Ash she won't be mad at you for long. " Adriana replied as she gave him a bright smile.

" Good morning princess. " Ashton chirped as he entered her room.

" Go away daddy. I hate you. " Ashley yelled as she covered her face with the blanket.

Ashton chuckled. " I was thinking of taking my princess to the amusement park tomorrow. But since she hates me I guess I will take only Alina with me. "

Ashley put her head out of her blanket at the mention of amusement park. " Are we really going to an amusement park? " she asked looking up at him with her bright blue eyes.

" No baby just Mommy daddy and Alina will be going. " he replied.

" What about me? " she whined.

" I heard you were mad at daddy. " she pouted

" No I'm not. " She protested.

Ashton chuckled. " If you are not mad at daddy, then you can come. "

" Yaaay... " she yelled in excitement as she gave him a tight hug.

~~~

" Mom I missed you. " Adriana chirped as she pulled her into a bone crushing hug.

Alison chuckled. " I missed you too baby. " She replied as she hugged her back.

" Where's my favourite girl? " Nicklaus chirped as he walked up to his daughter and pulled her into a hug.

" Hey Dad ." she whispered in his chest.

" Where are my princesses? " Nicklaus asked as he got on his knees. " Right here. " both the girls yelled as they ran into his arms.

Ashton chuckled. " Come on muffins let your grandpa take a breath. "

Nicklaus laughed. " It's alright Ashton I can never get enough of them. "

" They are always a handful. " Ashton stated with a laugh.

" Come on everybody the lunch is ready. " Alison called out from the kitchen.

Everone had a great time during lunch. Ashley couldn't stop talking about her annual day function . Ashton just gave small grin in disappointment for not being present there.

After a while everyone were busy in their own world. Alison was busy playing with Ashley and Alina.

Nicklaus and Ashton were in some deep discussion about god knows what. Both were talking to each other as if they are some long lost friends.

It was only Adrianna who was alone admiring the scene before her. Her eyes filled with tears of joy.

She was brought out of her thoughts when a arm snaked around her waist. And a small smile made its way to her face.

Ashton's eyes grew wide as he saw tears in her eyes . " What happened my love? " He asked in concern, and wiped her tears.

" Nothing. It's just I can't believe how much our lives have changed over past 8 years. " Adrianna replied as she put her arms around him.

"Look at my parents Ashton...I never imagined I would see them like this. it's like a dream come true."

Ashton gave her a small smile "I know my love, its really amazing."

He looks over at his daughters and his smile widened. " Look at our Angels Adriana without them our life would have been meaningless. "

Ashton leaned into her and kissed her passionately. They still felt the sparks whenever they kissed. And they believed they always will.

"mommy daddy come on let's click a selfie . " Alina called out as they pulled away from each other.

They rushed towards where everyone were present. Ashton took out his selfie stick " come on everybody say Ashleeeee..." then he turned over to Ashley and winked.

                    THE  END