19

" Where the hell are we going Ashton ? " Katherine demanded as she glared daggers at him.

" We had other plans remember? " she rolled her eyes.

" We don't have any plans. " she snapped at him.

" Actually love...We do. " she raised an eyebrow.

" Would you like to enlighten me? "

" Nope. " He replied without taking his eyes off the road.

" Why not? "

" Have you ever heard about the word surprise? "

" I don't like surprises. "

" Trust me you are going to love this . " He replied with a smirk on his face.

The rest of the drive passed in an awkward silence. Ashton focused on the road. Steeling occasional glances at his beautiful Adriana.

After what seemed like forever they finally reached their destination. Katherine's eyes went wide when she looked out of the window.

" You have got to be kidding me. " She mumbled as she stared at the endless woods in front of her.

Ashton ignored her comment and quickly got out of the car. He walked up to her side and helped her out.

" Are you some kind of serial killer or something? " Ashton rolled his eyes.

" No I'm not . Now stop complaining and follow me . " He snapped at her.

" No I won't. " She snapped back at him folding her arms before her chest.

Ashton sighed in frustration. " Do you trust me? "

" No."

" Good! Now follow me. We don't have all day. " he replied as he dragged her into the woods.

~~~

" If I walk another step...I will...Surely.. Die." Katherine panted and whined as she followed Ashton.

" Stop whining like a baby Katherine. We are almost there. " Ashton snapped at her.

" Didn't you say the same thing an hour ago ? "

" I told this ten minutes back Katherine. " Ashton replied in an annoyed tone .

" We are here. " Katherine's jaw dropped to the ground as she watched the beautiful clearing before her .

" Oh....my....God." Katherine replied as a smile made its way to her face.

" So you like it ? " Ashton asked as he relaxed on the grass, massaged his legs .

" This is beautiful. " she replied as flopped on the grass next to him.

" You know, she loved coming here. " He started as he watched the clear blue sky .

" Adriana? " he nodded.

" We used to spend hours sitting here and staring at the bright blue sky. " he smiled as the memories came back to his mind. How  he wished she would remember those beautiful days .

" You still love her don't you ? " she asked. Ashton gave her a small smile and nodded.

" I didn't deserve her Katherine. She was an angel. She deserved someone better. Someone who would never have hurt her. "

" You hurt her? " she asked in confusion.

" I've screwed up big time Katherine . I don't think she would ever forgive me. " He replied as he closed his eyes .

" Nonsense. She's been watching you for years Ashton, and she has seen you suffer. As you have already told she's an angel. Then surely she has already forgiven you. "

" I hope you are right. " he sighed.

" So where did you guys meet? " she asked curiously.

"In college. "

" That sounds interesting. How was it like? Love at first sight? "

" Ya sort of....but things were complicated. "

" complicated? " she raised an eyebrow.

" I was a player and she hated my guts. But eventually we started getting to know each other better and then we dated for two years and once we graduated we got married. "

" Doesn't sound that complicated. " she commented.

" That's because I skipped all the interesting parts. " He smirked at her.

"That's not fair. "Ashton chuckled as he laid down on the grass pulling Katherine into his arms.

" What are you doing? " she whispered as he buried his face in her hair.

" You smell so good. " He replied as he breathed her intoxicating scent.

" But Ash..." But she was cut off in the middle as his lips claimed her's. The kiss was sweet and passionate at the same time.

They stayed there in each others arms for hours. None of them spoke a word. They just laid there enjoying the spark their touch caused.

" Ashton it's getting dark I think we better get going. " Katherine suggested awkwardly as she pulled away from his arms.

" I think you are right. " Ashton agreed and got up on his feet.

" Are you hungry? " he asked as they walked back to his car.

" Starving. " she replied as she rubbed her growling stomach, making him chuckle.

" I know a great place nearby. " he suggested.

" Then what are we waiting for? " she replied as he started the engine.

~~~

Ashton pulled into her driveway and cut off the engine. He got out of the car and walked to her side and helped her out

" Thank you Ashton . I had a great time. " She smiled at him as she got out of the car and started walking away.

" Katherine wait. " Ashton called after her.

" What's wrong Ashton? " she asked as she turned around.

" I wanted to say something. " He started awkwardly she gave him a confused look.

" I know this may sound awkward but.." He paused for a second and studied her stunning face.

" But? " she encouraged.

" But I....I don't know how I'm I going to say this....(he sighed) I love you Katherine. " he replied looking into her eyes.

Katherine stared at him with wide eyes. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. He can't be serious can he?

" You can take your time Katherine. I'm ready to wait....But please think about it. " He stepped forward and claimed her lips. She didn't kiss him back nor pull away. She just stood there paralysed.

" Good night Katherine. " He gave her a small smile and left.