Chapter eight

I'm supposed to meet Nathan at our secret spot today, and I'm not sure if its a date or not so I dressed as casual as possible. Not too flirty not too girly.

Perfect.

And now the finishing touches, let my hair down an put on my black rimmed glasses.
Now I'm ready.

*************************
I made my way to the park. At the end of the park there was a forest of dead scary looking trees( the kind you see in snow white) no one dares to go there. Rumor has it a girl got lost in that forest and no one found her,  you can still hear her giggling in the wind.

A rumor made up by yours truly, we made up that story to scare people away from our secret spot. Some brave, adventurous kids would come to explore so we'd litter the forest with disembodied manikin parts and play a recordingof a girl giggling and screaming.

Evil huh.
And it's worked like a charm for years.

I made my way through the 'haunted forest' unto a cobble stone path with beautiful flowers at each side. I walked into a huge field with a stream and a couple of old chipped benches facing the stream.

I missed coming here, Nathan and I would come here every day to swim, feed the ducks, play in the green grass and watch the sun set. As I sat on the bench I could see sweet memories of Nathan and I as kids, honestly I really missed him. I was crushed when he left, I was depressed and my parents became worried until one day I looked into the box he gave me before he left.

'Don't think I'll be gone forever, one day I'll be back and I know you'll be here waiting for me. I'll miss you'.

Love,
Nathan.

I really did miss him, I kinda had a crush on him as a kid.
Cliché huh?

Yes very cliché.

5:55pm

Guess I'm early, I might as well listen to some music. I play  'Elastic Heart' on my phone and put on my ear buds.

"And another one bites the dust
Oh why can I not conquer love?
And I might have thought that we were one
Wanted to fight this war without weapons

And I wanted it, I wanted it bad
But there........."

I felt someone was watching me but I ignored it, I jolted up in fear when I saw a hand on my shoulder. I hit the back of my head on something hard, the impact made my glasses fly off my face.

I felt dizzy and every where was hazzy, I turned to see a blurred figure lying on the ground. I knelt next to the figure, still looking for my glasses ,the figure put the glasses in my palms and I put them on, my eyes grew wide in horror.

Apparently, I locked the back of my head with Nathan's jaw.

Wow, good job breaking your dates jaw, why don't you set him on fire later.

Not helping!

What can I possibly do? Remember I'm a voice in your head.

Just tell me what to do.

Apologies, duh.

"OH MY GOD,I am soo sorry", I said while Nathan rubbed his chin.

"That's okay, it wasn't your fault", he says with a smile.

"Yes it's my fault, what if it's broken and it has to be wired shut? You'll never eat again or talk or sing, then you have to eat your food the a straw and it won't taste good. Then you'll never laugh, then you'll be a loner, no one will marry you,  then you'll sad and alone and it would be my fault  and-"

"Crystal it's okay, I'm alright see," he shot me a dazzling smile exposing his perfect pearly white dentition.
"I see you haven't changed".

"What do you mean?" ( ha ha Justin Bieber song).

"You still ramble when you're nervous".

"Oh",I place my palm on his cheeck "Does it hurt?"

"No I'm fine", he says placing his palm on my hand we both smile at each other and say nothing. Ah, I love this comfortable silence.

"So time for your second lesson".

"Okay, so what are we doing?"

"We're going to karaoke" I said while bringing out my camera.

"I was thinking of using pictures for the art competition, each participant is allowed to display two art pieces. So as I help you I'll take a picture of each moment and compile all the pictures. Sound good?"

"Sounds great".

"I've also invited my parents and they said they'll make it, so what will our first picture be?"

"Let it be about two of us and..." he tapped his nose while looking around. He does that when he concentrating, he hasn't changed too. "... the sun set"

"Sounds nice, let's do it".

The suns setting, I unfold my retractable tripod and set it behind us so it'll capture Nathan and I plus the sunset. I set the timer and sit back on the bench. Nathan moves closer to me and holds my hand, I put my head on his shoulder and enjoy the moment while it lasts.

This is the first time in years I've felt complete. I'm very happy.

Click!