Chapter seventeen

After the party I wasn't myself anymore, I cried myself to sleep; I could see Nathans sad face in my dreams, how he looked hurt and betrayed. I called him six times but no answer, I also texted but still nothing.
It was awful, I was sad, I was weak, I was broken, my parents tried to step in but knowing how I can be sometimes they decided not to.

Smart choice.

Saturday evenings, normally I'd be out with friends or watching 'Boy Meets World' on Netflix but I was too sad to do any of that. I laid on my back and cried, I don't normally cry, I haven't cried since I was a kid, not even when I broke my leg. My parents told me I'd grow up to be a strong, amazing, independent woman who'd never let anything break her spirit.
But look at me now.

It felt good to cry, to cry when you're happy, sad, even when you laugh. I let out all tears I'd kept hidden for years, it felt good. I was wallowing in self pity when I heard a faint knock on my door.
"Who is it?" I croaked.

"Its me, Jason", I quickly sat at the edge of my bed and wiped the tears from my eyes with my sleeve. I didn't want my little brother to see me cry.

"Come in," a little boy with brown hair and pink cheeks walked in and sat beside me. I forced a weak smile unto my face, but it was useless he knew something was up.

"Crystal, what's wrong?"

"Its nothing Jason, I really hurt my friend and now he hates me"

"He doesn't hate you," I giggled at him for being so naive.

"Why do you think that?"

"Did he say he hates you?"

"No, but he looked really upset".

"Once I broke my friends favourite pen, he was really sad and I felt sad for making him feel sad. I told mommy what happened and do you know what she told me," he came closer and whispered in my ear "Make it up to him, tell him you're sorry. So I bought him a new pen and we became friends again ".

What he said actually makes a lot of sense.

"Wow thanks for the advice,  you're a really smart kid aren't ya?" I've been crying and pitying myself instead of explaining what happened to Nathan and here I am an eight year old is telling me what to do. I grin at him and draw him into a huge bear hug, kissing his head as he squirms in my arms

"Thanks Jason,"he scurried out of my room, I laid on my bed and rehearsed my apolilogy. I heard a large thump in my room, I sat up yo see Sam and Whitney in my room with sleeping bags, they both ran and sat beside me on my bed.

"Heyy are you okay?" Whitney asks while rubbing my back, I smile at them.

"I'm alright".

"Is it okay if we sleep over?"

"Sure," I grin devilishly at them.

"So Leon and Tyler huh?" they both turn pink and I topple over laughing.

This sleepover was exactly what I needed to get my mind off Nathan, turns out Whitney and Sam are dating Leon and Tyler.

So I'm the only single one. Just great.

All aboard the third wheel train.
Choo Choo!

I told them what happened at the party, they couldn't believe it.
"I knew it Matt likes you. No not likes he loves you!"

"That's the problem I don't like him back".

"But you're not with anyone why don't you like him. He's cute, popular, hot..." why would I like him, he was mean to me for years. A few words can't just change my mind. I was getting irritated cause they were practically pushing me to Matt and being insensitive, they're supposed to be my friends and they know I hate him.

"I don't like him!"

"Why not?"

"Because he's a dick!"

"No Crystal that's not all, tell us the truth!" Sam insisted. Right now we're full on shouting at each other.

"That's the only reason!"

"Stop lying!" Whitney accused. "Then why don't you like Matt, CONFESS!"

"BECAUSE I LIKE NATHAN!" They both looked at each other like they'd  won the lottery, so I finally admitted it, I like Nathan. I couldn't hide it or deny it. I like Nathan.

When they left I practiced my apology and how I would tell him I like him over and over again until I was ready.
I called him but he didn't answer, I called him six times but still no answer.

Its official he hates me and I like him.
What am I going to do?

****************************
COMMENTS
Sorry this chapter sucks, I really want to finish this story. I'm so excited.
Don't forget to comment and vote.

Xoxoxo