Chapter nine

Nathan and I walked into the karaoke bar, it was packed with people laughing, talking, eating, drinking and singing along to any song they know. We found a table at the back and settle down, the room was dimly lit with a little flower base in the middle of our table with some bread sticks and chocolate. The club had this hipster vibe to it, it made me feel relaxes, I brought out my camera and fixed the settings.

"Karaoke is the best place to overcome your fear, no one cares if your tone deaf the only important thing is having fun. So are you up for it?"

Nathan looked very unsure at first but mustered up some courage"Alright I can do this".

A couple just got off stage, the DJ's asks for requests but no one steps up.
"Its time, go up there," I say; but Nathan doesn't move and inch.

"He wants to sing", I yell pointing at Nathan, the crowd cheers as people carry him off to the stage. He gives me a look that says 'HELP ME, I THINK I'M ABOUT TO THROW UP'.

The DJ hands Nathan a microphone, the lights go dim and every where is silent. Every one waits in expectation for Nathan to sing, but he just stands there motionless clutching the microphone with trembling hands.

And to make matters worse I saw Matt and a group of popular kids at a table very close to the stage. I'm sure Matt intimidated Nathan because he had an evil smirk on his face.

Ugh, he's such a dick.

I don't normally use curse words but now I'm really angry. Seems like its time to step in. I quickly run up to the stage and grabbed a microphone, I noticed Matt winked at me.
So that asshole's trying to get in my head, he thinks I'm the kind of girl who gets flustered when they look at a hot guy, sorry ain't gonna work.

Did you just call Matt hot?

Eeeeewww.

"Hey every one, I'm Crystal this is Nathan and were gonna sing 'Happy' by Pharrell Williams". I grab Nathan's hand in mine with an encouraging smile.

The music comes on.

"It might seem crazy what I'm about to say
Sunshine she's here, you can take a break
I'm a - hot air balloon that could go to space".

Nathan joins me

"With the air like I don't care, baby, by the way"

Every one joins in,

"Because I'm happy...
Come along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I'm happy...
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I'm happy...
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I'm happy...

Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do"

"Bring me down... can't nothing...
Bring me down... my level's too high...
Bring me down... can't nothing...
Bring me down, I said (let me tell you now) x2
Because I'm happy."

The song ends and every one claps and cheers for us, even the popular kids. We take a bow and I blow kisses to the audience while Nathan laughs at my silliness. I'm sure its eating Matt up inside.

Yaay.

"I want to sing alone," Nathan says with an excited look. He looks so exhilarated and wild, I could see the rush of adrenaline on his face, I'm soo happy for him.

"Are you sure you can handle it?"

"Yes I can".

"Well the stage's all yours".