Chapter nineteen

"That was a really nice way of telling me to shut up".

Nathan gave me an affectionate smile, his sky blue eyes sparkling in the sun.
"Crystal, Crystal, Crystal....."

"Crystal wake up honey", It was a female voice and she was shaking me.
"What are you doing on the grass?" I opened my eyes to see my mum, she gave me a bewildered look.

"Oh nothing, just came to....ummm relax", I give her a fake smile.

"Okay hun, dinner will be ready in an hour", I nodded as she walked into the house.
I paused to rethink what just happened.
I remember talking to Matt that's for sure and my still throbbing hand is proof but the kiss? Was I dreaming? I think so.

The only way to find out, is to go to Nathan and see if he came over and if any thing happened.

That sounds like a good plan right?

Every step I took to Nathan's house made my heart beat even faster, I found myself on Nathans porch. I could see my hand shaking as I extend my index finger to the door bell, once I pressed it I took a deep breath as I saw the door swing open.

I saw a middle aged woman with shinny black hair, sky blue eyes like Nathan but darker. Her face and apron were covered in flour and there were two children tugging on her dress, a boy and a girl, the girl was about six and the boy was five.

"Crystal, is that you? You've grown so much. Last time I saw you you were in pigtails and wearing a floral dress", she gave me a rib breaking hug which I returned to her.

"Aunt Gretchen its so nice to see you again".

"Don't call me that, I'll feel old. Call me Greta".

"Mummy why are you hugging this girl?" the little girl asked.

"She's Nathans friend", once she heard Nathans name her eyes lit up and I giggled, I think she really likes Nathan.

So cute.

"Yes I am", I squatted and looked at her, she has pink cheeks and her brown hair is in a braid.

"My names Crystal, what's your name?"

"M-my name is Rosie and this is my brother John" she replied timidly, I see the shyness runs in the family.

"Well Rosie I think you have a beautiful name, its nice to meet you", I put out my hand for a shake she grinned and shook it.

"Is Nathan here?"

"Yes he his, I'll go get him", Greta said before turning to go.

"Thanks Greta", she turned to the stair case and yelled "Nathan someone's here to see you!" Every one left and I was alone on the porch, I heard footsteps coming down from the stairs and my heart began to beat rapidly.

"Greta, who's here to- oh hi Crystal", once he saw me he grinned, he looked happy as if nothing happened.

"Heyy, Nathan I'm really sorry I-"

"You don't need to explain, Whitney and Sam told me everything", my heart stopped beating- well not really cause I'd be dead- so Nathan knows I like him.

I gulped "Y-you do?"

"Yeah, what I saw was a misunderstanding. I'm sorry I acted so weird", I saw a shade red on his cheeks as his gase dropped to the floor which made me chuckle.

"We good?" I asked.

"We good", he answered.

"So umm....Crystal", he looked flustered, what is making him so flustered?