Chapter twenty two

I won?

I won?

I won?

Is this some kind of sick joke cause if it is it's not funny.

I won?

How can I win?

I can't believe it,.

I won't believe it.

They're just messing with me and I'm not gonna fall for it. Nothing in this world would have made me believe until I saw Nathan with a huge grin on his face and a huge spot light pointing on me. Every one clapped for me as an usher pulled me to the stage, I was too stunned to struggle or argue, next thing I knew I was on stage with the mean lady judge, she was smiling and clapping for me.

A huge grin crept on my face when I realized it was true, I actually won, this was real.
My grin grew wider when I saw them.....both of them......in the front row.......they looked so happy.

My parents.

They looked so proud which made me even happier.

People clapped as they gave me my plaque and congratulated me as I walked off stage, I walked up to Nathan who had a triumphant smirk on his face, I eyed him suspiciously because I don't know what he did and I intend to find out.

"What did you do?" I asked him suspiciously.

"Me? I didn't do anything," he smirked. I became confused all over again.

"What the...Why the...When the...How could I win when the judges dissed my drawing and I ran away, I thought I'd be disqualified for leaving and my parents they actually showed up?"

"Well I called your parents, they got here for the second presentation, they said they would have got here earlier but they had car problem. And for your art piece, when it was your turn I stalled the judges and told them you weren't feeling well so you asked me to present it for you," I listened to Nathan attentively so I wouldn't miss a single word.

"When the judges saw your art piece they feel in love instantly, the mean lady judge said and I quote... ", he spoke in an old lady voice.

"This is by far the most genuine art piece I've ever seen, I can literally see love and passion flowing through the picture, it tells a beautiful story and has an adooooribly happy ending," his old lady voice made me break out in giggles.

I can't believe Nathan did that for me, I opened my mouth to say something when Nathan looked over my head and smiled. I slowly turned around to see my parents smiling, I looked at Nathan he nodded and smiled, I returned his smile and walked over to my parents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The talk with my parents went great, they're extremely proud of me and they want me to follow my art dreams. I dreamt of this day for a long time and it's finally here. The day my parents would
finally accept me being an artist.

I walked over to Nathan who was leaning in a decorated lamp post sipping cocktail, he smirked at me when I came over.

"Heyy how'd it go?"

"It went great, seems like mission accomplished," Nathan smiled and held out his hand as a slow song came on, I took it and he pulled me to the dance floor. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he did the same round my waist, we swayed to the beat of the song.

"Nathan...I can't believe what you did to help me, thanks your a good friend," I saw a glint of disappointment on his face, he quickly covered it with a smile.

"I'm sorry I haven't been helping you overcome your shyness lately," I said staring at my feet, I felt so guilty he helped me so much and I couldn't even help him overcome his shyness.

He held up my chin and stared into my eyes "That's okay I think I've over come my shyness. There's just one thing I haven't been able to do," he said smugly.

"What?"

"This," before I could process what he said I felt a pair of soft lips pressed against mine, my eyes were wide in shock.

Nathan was actually kissing me, it was the most amazing, spectacular, magical, wondrous feeling.

I know I'm exaggerating but it feels so great.

As if automatically my eyes closed as I kissed him back, I could feel him smiling in our kiss it made me want to chuckle. He pulled me closer to him and I could smell him, it was a mixture of cinnamon and cologne but mostly cinnamon. Honestly I was enjoying myself but I felt this kiss was going on too long, I had to break the kiss. I stared into his sky blue eyes which were boring into green ones, I think I'm kinda obsessed with his eyes, its not my fault they're just so amazing, I gave him a wide smile.

He kissed the crook of my neck trailing up to my forehead, each kiss sent sparks through out my body.

"Mission accomplished".

Seems like both of us had a happy ending.

Or so we thought.......