Chapter sixteen

The party started out okay, when you come in they give you a neon glow in the dark wrist band, Nathan and I had lemon green bands. The party was crazy neon lights and paint glowing every where, music blasting through speakers, people drinking and getting wasted, people dancing like there's no tomorrow, couples making out in dark corners, it was an unusual sight.

Nathan said something but I couldn't hear him, he had to shout in my ear "Do you want a drink?"

"Sure", I shouted back. Nathan and I fought our way through the crowd of dancing teenagers, we finally got to the snack table.
Thank God.

Nathan held out a cup of beer to me but I declined it. "Sorry I don't drink".

"Oh that's okay," at the corner of my eye I saw two girls who looked like Whitney and Sam they were talking to two guys Leon Thompson(he's  the president of the drama club) and Tyler Paul (Sam's science partner). They looked like they were hitting it off, those sly bitches. I took out my camera and took a quick picture of them, this is grade A black mail material. Nathan gave me a confused look "Why did you do that?"

"Whitney and Sam were really excited to come and they didn't want to tell me.......now I see why?" so they've had secret crushes, they're gonna get a ten minute rant from me. Nathan looked at me and held out his hand "Do you...um wanna dance?"

"Sure but.......I can't dance".

"Don't worry just follow my lead," he said with a smile. I took his hand and he lead me to the dance floor, he held my hands and we danced. It was fun, I thought I'd embarrass myself but it wasn't that bad. That is until a slow song came on and every one was wrapped around their partner swaying, I  stepped on Nathan's feet and managed to step on mine as well. With a huff he lifted me up and placed me on his feet, I wrapped my arms around his neck and he held my waist. We were swaying to the song, I caught a glimpse of Whitney and Sam kissing their crushes, I was really happy for them.

I laid my head on Nathan's chest as we danced, I could her his heart beat it was slow and steady with a rhythmic beat,I stared at Nathans sky blue eyes as it twinkled in the neon lights.

He inched closer.

I wanted to pull away but I couldn't, the moment was too perfect we were so close I could feel his breath on my face, he smelt like cinnamon, so sweet.

It was about to happen...... my first kiss, until......

"Heyy everyone! A drunk dude's streaking in the backyard," half the party ran towards the scene. It's unbelievable, how can people get so excited about seeing a drunk guy run naked across a yard.

Nathan and I pulled away and made our way back to the snack table. I grabbed a cup of apple juice from the table, hopefully it wasn't spiked with anything.

"I'm going to the verandah to take pictures, after we'll meet up," Nathan nods as I walk up the stairs, I take a picture of the party from an aerial view before walking to the verandah .

I slid open the glass door and was greeted by a breeze of cool air, it was so nice. After taking pictures of the garden, the beautiful fountain and breathtaking landscape I stood and took in the scene. Cool air caressed my body I felt a cool twinge pass through my spine as I took a sip of my cold drink, I had a feeling some one was watching me before I could turn I saw Matt beside me leaning on the rail taking a sip of his beer.

"Heyy Weirdy, you look hot".

"What do you want Matt," I asked bluntly.

"Just wanna talk".

"About what?"

"Us".

"Us? There is no 'Us', " he tilted his head back ward's while he chuckled silently.
"Remember grade 3 on valentines day".

"Yes, I wrote you a letter saying I like you and you laughed in my face and told the whole class," after saying those words he had this guilty look on his face while he ran his hand through his dark brown hair, maybe he does that when he feels bad.

Nope, nope, nope. No sympathy for him.

"Yeah sorry about that, as a kid I didn't know how to express myself. If you lived with three older brothers, being the emotional one in the family means you'll get teased a lot and they'll all know you as a soft loser. I used insults as a way to escape my emotions that's why I laughed at you and till now I use insults as a way to hide from my feelings but no more," he steps towards me and were only inches apart.

"Crystal I've hidden something from you for years, I've always wanted to tell you, whenever I try I loose control and say stupid things that hurt you but I just want to say, Crystal I really like you".

"No you don't like me; you bullied me for seven years, you can't just say you like me".

"Crystal I'm speaking from my heart for the first time in my life. Crystal I love you," I stared at him speechless, not knowing what to do or say. I thought it was a joke but I saw sincerity in his eyes, he looked as if he had found something he's been searching for for years, suddenly he glanced over my head and back at me. Before I knew it he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close, my legs were useless because he held me in a way that all my weight was resting on one muscular arm. He held me as if I was going to fly away and never come back, he buried his face in the crook of my neck placing hot kisses up and down my neck.

Woah.

He kissed my neck, my jaw, my cheeks, then my nose.

WAIT WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING!??

He was inches away from my lips.
"Stop," I said in a low tone trying to push him away but he wouldn't stop, he inched closer.

"STOP!" I yelled pushing him away with great force. At the corner of my eye  I saw a figure standing by the door, I stepped away from Matt and looked at the door.

It was Nathan, he looked as if his heart was just ripped out of his chest, his sky blue eyes turned grey as if a thunder storm formed in his eyes and blew away the blue sky, he looked pale and limp. Before I could say a word Nathan darted out, I was about to run after him but Matt grabbed my wrist.

"So you knew Nathan was there and you did that".

"Crystal I-"

"You know what, I knew you're  a bully but weren't you the who said you had a heart. Well I highly doubt that," I darted out and ran down the stairs before Matt could stop me again. I cursed under my breath as I fought my way through the sea of dancing teenagers to the front lawn, I searched every where but it was official. Nathan was long gone and he hates me,I felt as if all the life was drained out of me. I pulled my body as if it were lifeless through the crowd, people bumped and shoved me but I didn't care, everywhere was hazy and the room was spinning, I was broken, I lost the one person I cared about most.

It was horrible.

Maybe my drink was actually spiked.

Whitney and Sam where at the snack table, I trudged my limp body towards them and they stared at me in horror.
"Crystal what happened?"

"Can we just leave, please?" I said in a weak voice.

Next thing I knew I was in a car looking out the windows, the city lights and bright signs almost blinded me but I didn't care. I sat motionless and speechless in the care, not knowing what to do or what to think not even my inner self could help me.

I was alone, I was broken.
Nothing mattered anymore.

***************************
COMMENTS
I'm so happy I finally finished this chapter, I had to rewrite it five good times but it was worth it.
Don't forget to vote and comment.
Xoxoxo