Chapter 3- Separating

Normal POV

The ninja rode Lia's dragon form back to the monastery. They landed at the training yard, and was greeted by a worried looking Lili. "Guys! There you all are. Where have you been?" Lili asked as she approached them, "And why in the loving name of the First Spinjitzu Master is Scales' son with you?!" She panicked when she saw Jr. "Oh, this is bad." Lili panicked again, "Oh, Scales is gonna kill you, guys, once he found out you have his son." "Relax. We'll tell you everything once we're inside." Bailey smirked. Lili inhaled then nodded, "Sorry. Just frustrated with the kids this morning." She said. The ninja laugh as they went inside.

"....and that's why Jr. is with us." Jay finished. They were at the teachers' lounge, drinking tea. "So let me get this straight." Lili said placing down her cup of tea, "So you're telling us that there's been some sort of virus infection at the snakes' home?" Lili started. "And that when an infected one bit you, you will turn into a zombie-like creature?" Abbie added. "Yup!" The ninja replied. Abbie leaned on the wall then sighed, "Great. Just another day in Ninjago." She said. Then, a student busted through the door. "Sensei! You gonna see this." He said. The ninja followed him to the videogame room, where the students are watching the news. "Looks like having a videogame room is a good thing." Jay laughed a bit.

"And we're her live. Gale Gossip on the scene on what appears to be a snake bitting everybody in sight. But it's not just any normal snake. It looks like it's infected with some sort of virus. And everybody who's been bitten are slowly turning like a zombie-like creature. People are recommended to evacuate the city until a cure is found to fix this virus." The reporter said. Everyone was silent for a moment. "Uh..... Was that Scales?" Kai slowly asked. "I thought we caged him." Cole said. "He must've found a way out." Lia said. Suddenly, infected people and snakes burst through the door. "We have to get out of here!" Clarity shouted as she, Lia, Cole and Zane tried blocking the hallway using their powers, "Get the kids to the basement." Lia ordered as she grew more vines.

The rest of the ninja led the kids to the teacher's lounge. Kai removed the carpet and opened a trap door. "Quick, kids." Kai said. The kids ran down as the ninja followed. "It's so dark in here." One of the students said. Reynalyn snapped and torches appeared on her hands. Kai lit the torches and gave them to the kids. "Everyone here?" Lloyd asked. "Cole, Zane, Clarity and Lia are still up there." Bailey told them. Just then, the trap door opened. "Ahhh!" The kids screamed. "Sshh!" A voice whispered. Four figures ran down and one of them closed the trap door. "Lia! Clarity! Cole! Zane!" Abbie cheered. "Sshh! They're still up there." Clarity whispered. "We need to get these kids to a safe place." Nya said. "Right. Their parents are probably infected. I saw some of the kids' parents up there." Cole replied. "Let's go." Kai whispered as he slowly opened the trap door. "Clear. Hurry." He whispered as the kids and the ninjas quickly, but quietly, ran to outside.

"Where'd those creeps go?" Jay asked. "Don't know. But good thing they're gone." Clarity said. They ran to the front and Nya pressed a buttom on her bracelet. The ground split into two and the bounty rose. "Climb on up kids." Cole ordered. As the ninjas got the kids on the bounty, Nya went to the bridge and started the bounty. "Get the kids as far away as possible, sis. We need to get them to safety." Kai told his sister. "Where..... where are you going?" Nya asked. "We need to stay here and find that cure Scales was talking about." Lia replied. "But...... I can't protect all the kids on my own." Nya muttered. "Don't worry, Nya." Lili said. "We'll come with you." Abbie smiled. Nya smiled at them and the ninja went down the bounty. The ninja waved goodbye as the bounty flew off.

Lia transformed into her dragon form and the ninjas hopped on. They flew to Ninjago City. "So......" Jay started, "What are we gonna do?" "We're gonna find as many survivors as we can and then find the cure to this virus." Bailey replied as they flew as quickly as they can to the city.